IGNORED

Highlights up...

CiderCraig

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10158241/charlton-0-1-bristol-city

Looks like only the odd half chance to Charlton. Second penalty shout seemed stronger than the first, but heck, get in!

4 minutes ago, Eugene Victor Tooms said:

Hmm, penalty looks as soft as shite.  Not complaining of course and perhaps we're due one of those. 

Bobby's looked more of a pen so maybe the ref evened it up?

At first in looks soft……..but after a few viewings, you can see the full back push Tomlin with one hand in the middle of Tomlins  back……..which sends him off balance.  The ref, to his credit was directly in line and so (Thank Jesus tap dancing christ!) had a good view.  As for the pen itself………..best one i've ever seen????!!!

15 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Should have been two yellow cards in two games for diving for Tomlin.

Saying that the one on Reid was stonewall so I guess it worked itself out.

He didn't dive, he was setting himself for a left foot volley and was pushed in the back, the Ref got 'both' penalty incidents spot on imo.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Shit penalty, but shows the advantage of always at least hitting the target.

Precisely.

Watching it slip by Henderson (another one that got away there) made me wonder if our luck has turned a bit; earlier in the season I had no doubt that would have not gone in.

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Really? Was that a push? More like a very faint touch.

If you are giving pens/free kicks for that then the game would stop every 5 seconds!

Tomlin was already off balance,because that's what happens when you set yourself up for a volley when the ball is coming to you at that angle, so the slightest of touches will result in how he reacted. The referee clearly saw the push.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Tomlin was already off balance,because that's what happens when you set yourself up for a volley when the ball is coming to you at that angle, so the slightest of touches will result in how he reacted. The referee clearly saw the push.

Will have to agree to disagree on this one, although I'm sure we do agree the three points was the most important thing regardless of how they come

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

And regardless; that is twice in two games he's forced the ref to make a decision - that little bit of smarts is something we've lacked this season, so if Tomlin does nothing else but force defences into risky challenges in dangerous positions, then that's a good thing.

Also; that foul on Reid would have drawn sanctions in WWE, so we should have had that one, at least. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Christ knows how we got a penalty for that! One of the softest I've ever seen! 

Not complaining mind! 

And to top it off one of the worst penalties i've seen and it somehow goes in! 

Is this what good luck feels like?!

Payback for Brum away and at home. softest penalty ever seen given to them when we were coming right back into it and last week a clear penalty not given. Its better to beat charlton than Brum though , so lucky overall. 

Archived