IGNORED

Videos from Charlton (inc the smoke)

kmpowell

Just got home (the joys of living in London!). A huge thanks to all the ciderheads for putting a smile on this exile's face! Great atmosphere, even if it made me home-sick (the perils of Living in London!).

Anyway here's the videos I took today:

Pub before the game

The penalty (and smoke)

Bounce around the ground

City we love you

Fight fight

End of game celebrations and singing

:)

5 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

Dave Storr will love these videos.

Why? All they show are City fans enjoying themselves singing.

There's no faces/names associated with the smoke that was let off a fair distance away from where I was stood. 

I'm not condoning/condemning the smoke, simply showing it, having been caught up in it. 

3 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

There's no faces/names associated with the smoke that was let off a fair distance away from where I was stood. 

I'm not condoning/condemning the smoke, simply showing it, having been caught up in it. 

No I quite agree with you mate, I'm for fans enjoying themselves.

It is Just Mr Storr thinks he is god at times handing out wrong banning orders willy nilly. (not me by the way) But I know a few that have been banned wrongly as a recent away fixture.

And believe me what they were banned for was way way less serious than letting off a smoke bomb.

20 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

And Dolly has just stated on another thread that a child was hurt by the smoke canister.....

Now I don't condone that!! Infact that is disgusting if true, and those responsible do deserve to be banned.

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Yeah, I have no issue with smoke, I do have an issue with those who can't act responsibly with it

Sad events. Problem is, for all the while smoke is banned, users will let them off and discard them asap to avoid detection. If smoke was legal, the user would have no reason to chuck it and could hold onto it until fully extinguished and discard properly. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Sad events. Problem is, for all the while smoke is banned, users will let them off and discard them asap to avoid detection. If smoke was legal, the user would have no reason to chuck it and could hold onto it until fully extinguished and discard properly. 

It sounds like you are excusing throwing the canister towards a crowd of innocent bystanders.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It sounds like you are excusing throwing the canister towards a crowd of innocent bystanders.

Why do you Think that? Sounds like a call for proper legal control of them rather than excusing

9 minutes ago, TRL said:

Why do you Think that? Sounds like a call for proper legal control of them rather than excusing

Fair enough, on reflection you're right. I just wouldn't want the idiot who threw it thinking that trying avoid detection somehow justified his actions, regardless of what he or she thinks about the law.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

How could they ever be legal when smoking isn't?

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Surely they are banned for safety reasons, as opposed to public health reasons in the case of smoking?

Well yeh, of course. But you can hardly ban smoking but then allow something that emits 1,000,000 times more smoke! (That's if they were to be made safe enough). 

Then there's football fans. I'm afraid there's a large proportion who simply cannot be trusted. Allow them smoke grenades and they'd want to take in fireworks. 

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No, sorry mate, not condoning it at all. It's terrible what happened to this little girl and those responsible are idiots. 

What I'm saying is that if the kid wasn't shitting himself over getting a ban for having a flare then he probably wouldn't have launched it. 

Of course its wrong though. Not gonna defend lobbing a flare into a crowd. It's despicable and cowardly. 

RE: Smoke flares - If hypothetically they were legalised, the issue would then become about the sheer volume and become almost untenable for the authorities. Suddenly it wouldn't be the odd one or two brought in by people happy to break the law, there would be hundreds at every away game across the country.

I'm not in either court to be honest. I love a bit of pyro assuming it's used responsibly. If you're willing to take one in, you have to be semi-reasonable and think about the safety of your fellow fans. Unfortunately it is usually teenage kids looking for a quick thrill then panicking and launching it away prematurely - hence the young girl's head incident yesterday.

12 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

RE: Smoke flares - If hypothetically they were legalised, the issue would then become about the sheer volume and become almost untenable for the authorities. Suddenly it wouldn't be the odd one or two brought in by people happy to break the law, there would be hundreds at every away game across the country.

I'm not in either court to be honest. I love a bit of pyro assuming it's used responsibly. If you're willing to take one in, you have to be semi-reasonable and think about the safety of your fellow fans. Unfortunately it is usually teenage kids looking for a quick thrill then panicking and launching it away prematurely - hence the young girl's head incident yesterday.

Also, remember the idiot that launched a lit one into a crowd of fans on the pitch after the Walsall game from the Atyeo?

Archived