IGNORED

Pembo to Barnsley?

Coppello

He might have got 'the dreaded flavour' for it, and his stock or profile isn't going to get any higher. Probably the time to make the move if that's his intentions, and you can't blame him if those were. 

To be fair, Barnsley could do a lot worse than appointing Cotts and Pembo.

I've got a lot of time for Barnsley, proper football club, loyal fans despite being geographically close to bigger clubs and I had a cracking night out there once after a 2-1 away defeat up there.

Although the superb night out was somewhat dampened by waking up to find my car had been totally trashed, I had a City sticker in the back window.

On 07/02/2016 at 11:49, Coppello said:

Alan Nixon, the oracle of football rumours, has tweeted that JP is currently the number one target at Barnsley. Would he take it? I think he's from that region so I wouldnt be surprised!

Bristol city,foot,shoot....these words come to mind.please,no!!.......could be disasterous. Lee had best hope this is wrong.

4 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

surely having proved how good he is, our club would pull out any stops to keep him knowing we had safe pair of hands everytime it goes wrong

Totally agree - surely this is the whole ethos - continuity 

Surely JP has proved his credentials in his role over last few years to SL & Board

Offer him a long contract (5 yrs ?) and give him the chance to move to the area (If he wanted to)

Saw interesting interview with him the other day (Whilst he was still Temp Manager) - didn't realise he started at Man Utd

Had a %100 record as stand in boss at Forest including a 3-0 win at Etihad in FA Cup !

Also took Forests reserve team to two Reserve Team titles

In that interview he did say he would like to be a manger one day and said it didn't scare him, that he felt ready to do it which may be a worry for us

Archived