IGNORED

Why Not let him be"Hoisted by his own Petard"?

maxjak

I am all for monitoring abuse or bullying on this site, but I find the draconian action of closing down the thread on smoke bombs very disquieting.  I strongly believe in free speech, and the need to allow adults to discuss and put forward their views without fear of being punished and regulated. Whether you find yourself agreeing or disagreeing with the viewpoint that was put forward by the gentlemen concerned, I am perturbed to find that the absolute ruler has decreed. without debate, that the subject matter has been deemed unsuitable.  Surely it might be preferable for the instigator of this thread to be allowed to be possibly…... "hoisted by their own petard" (Petard being particularly pertinent?) or otherwise, depending upon how the discussion progressed, rather than the moderator sending us all to bed without our tea?

Wth respect I think you've missed the point

Think you will find the thread was locked as the OP was being rude and personal to other posters and moderators, not because it was about flares / smoke bombs

There is also a separate thread debating smoke flares so no 'free speech' has been hampered

Archived