IGNORED

Penalties and freekicks

Chivs

What an awful penalty!  Still, it went in, so what a great penalty.

I wasn't there so only seen highlights but did their player get booked?  The point of the post is that surely that is a clear goal scoring opportunity.  8 yards out with a clear shot on goal.  Why isn't their player sent off?

Also, later on, Freeman tries a freekick.  Do these people not practice?  At all.  I've not seen a good freekick from City for about 3 years. There was a comical freekick from Pack against Birmingham where he decided to play it short to Little (I think).  Unfortunately, Mark hadn't got the memo.  What is this all about?  A deadball situation should be causing the opposition problems every time?

I said at the time I thought he'd go,has to be a clear goal scoring opportunity doesn't it?  as it turns out no I don't think he even got booked. I also thought it was a blatant push at the time, having seen it again it looked like Tomlin went down easy. 

Some weeks you get em some weeks you don't

57 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I wasn't there so only seen highlights but did their player get booked?  The point of the post is that surely that is a clear goal scoring opportunity.  8 yards out with a clear shot on goal.  Why isn't their player sent off?

Also, later on, Freeman tries a freekick.  Do these people not practice?  At all.  I've not seen a good freekick from City for about 3 years. There was a comical freekick from Pack against Birmingham where he decided to play it short to Little (I think).  Unfortunately, Mark hadn't got the memo.  What is this all about?  A deadball situation should be causing the opposition problems every time?

Great freekick by jet against port vale season before last

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

There was also a free kick from pack earlier in the season against Birmingham which was whipped round the wall magnificently and struck the inside of the post somehow staying out...

free kicks are a difficult skill, and there's a reason you don't see many being scored at this level. I'd much rather see a good cross than a shot at a free kick

Archived