IGNORED

Vaping and the Smokers

Webzcas

24 minutes ago, Webzcas said:

Bottom line is, I don't smoke yet the club are making me be subjected to smoke.

Public Health England have already released a study that there is NO NONE harm from second harm vape. Indeed my or your farting is worse.

And who funded that study? Ah yes the tobacco industry, very unbiased view!! 

28 minutes ago, !james said:

And who funded that study? Ah yes the tobacco industry, very unbiased view!! 

If there's one industry that benefits from proving vaping to be harmful it's the tobacco industry so your conspiracy theory seems flawed?

Unless you mean the e-cigarette industry?

Besides, before studies are even worthwhile you'd have to have a credible reasoned theory as to how water vapour might be harmful.

9 minutes ago, Nibor said:

If there's one industry that benefits from proving vaping to be harmful it's the tobacco industry so your conspiracy theory seems flawed?

Unless you mean the e-cigarette industry?

Besides, before studies are even worthwhile you'd have to have a credible reasoned theory as to how water vapour might be harmful.

How is it water vapour? These things burn oil, quite often mixed into concoctions created by the person smoking it.

I'm not particularly bothered about the potential health issue though I can understand why people might be.

I'm not even particularly bothered about banning them or not, I'd still allow smoking if it was up to me (thankfully it's not though).

They do stink though, and you really can't have any real idea what is in the clouds they produce.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oddly Rich, I rarely use the smoking area that runs along outside the Dolman, on account of it being too smokey!

That sounds just like smoking rooms in the last few years of my time as a smoker! Always went outside out of preference.

Think a lot of people are forgetting that vapours are people that don't want to smoke anymore because of health or breathing it onto others. 

Im a vapour and been without a cigarette now for a year this month and even though I vape I never vape the length of time I took to smoke a cigarette. And I guess most of the others just take a quick toke every so often. 

Also living in Wales the Welsh assembly are trying to implement the smoking ban completely to vapours as well. Yet it's ok for chemist to sell them as anti smoking aides. 

I'm not saying the club ought to allow it but maybe a part of the concourse as I'm sure others like me don't want to stand out being enticed back to smoking. 

I also like to have a good trump as well but it's ok my Mrs sits next to me and she's whinges a bit but she's like part of the family now so what can you do. 

23 hours ago, Nibor said:

It's very easy to tell the difference between someone holding a cigarette and a ridiculous plastic pipe thing.  Perhaps we should employ stewards with eyes.  Or we could just be transparent about the fact that it's more to do with presenting a pleasing middle class aesthetic to the increasingly gentrified and affluent customer base.

Or perhaps people could just get a grip and go 90 minutes without putting said ridiculous plastic pipe thing in their pie holes? 

I can't bring my acoustic guitar into the ground even though I really enjoy using it, maybe I should have a paddy about that. 

On 2/8/2016 at 16:13, richwwtk said:

I'd not realised that vaping was a class based activity, how daft of me.

Isn't it more to do with not subjecting people to large clouds of smoke/vapour whilst they are watching the match?

I can understand the argument that it isn't smoking, but some of the vaping machines (? what are they called?) produce much larger clouds of whatever it is they produce than cigarettes do smoke, and it isn't just water vapour because some of them absolutely stink.

If you really have to do it, I don't see the problem with being asked to go outside to do it. I have no idea how big the smoking area at AG is, but there must be a reasonable amount of outdoors space that you can stand in without ending up stinking of fags.

I can never understand why people can't go without a smoke or vape for one and a half hours, after all if you are on a plane you can't go outside for a smoke can you!  They manage to go without then, so why can't they manage at a game?

55 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I can never understand why people can't go without a smoke or vape for one and a half hours, after all if you are on a plane you can't go outside for a smoke can you!  They manage to go without then, so why can't they manage at a game?

On a plane there is no option. At a stadium there is. Addiction kicks in and off you go! (Ex heavy smoker)

Just now, Ashtonboy said:

On a plane there is no option. At a stadium there is. Addiction kicks in and off you go! (Ex heavy smoker)

Not true.

You just go into the plane bog, have a drag on your fag, set off the smoke alarm, get the plane diverted, go to a Greek prison, and pay the airline £30,000.

If this is what it takes to give up smoking, then it's still less than you will cost the NHS.

Decisions, decisions, eh?

Uncle TFR

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Vaping is quite easy on a plane, as long as you're subtle. Certainly makes my annual 12 hour flight more bearable. 

Anyway, the argument is why should it be banned just because some people "don't like it"? 

Just now, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Vaping is quite easy on a plane, as long as you're subtle. Certainly makes my annual 12 hour flight more bearable. 

Anyway, the argument is why should it be banned just because some people "don't like it"? 

Really nice for the poor sods sitting next to you.

Why piss other people off just because you cannot control your own cravings?

Mmmm? Eh?

Uncle TFR

Just now, Taxi for Rennie said:

Really nice for the poor sods sitting next to you.

Why piss other people off just because you cannot control your own cravings?

Mmmm? Eh?

Uncle TFR

I hold the vapour in so nothing is exhaled, so not pissing off or affecting anyone. 

I'm a vegetarian and can't stand the smell of a meat pie but don't inflict my views on those around me that choose to eat them. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I hold the vapour in so nothing is exhaled, so not pissing off or affecting anyone. 

I'm a vegetarian and can't stand the smell of a meat pie but don't inflict my views on those around me that choose to eat them. 

Smoking is your choice, being a vegetarian is usually the persons choice as well. Both don't link in my opinion. 

18 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

:rofl2br:

You hold your breath for the entire flight?

That's really dangerous on a long-haul flight. If you do it while the cabin is pressurising in the climb, you could explode.

Is there really anything else you would can possibly do to make someone else's holiday more unpleasant?

"How was your holiday to Florida?"

"Terrible - I sat next to Sir Colby-Tit, he was pretending not to vape, and then exploded over my kids at 20,000 feet".

"What a bastard".

":yes:"

Uncle TFR

On 8 February 2016 at 14:59, chipdawg said:

The club aren't forcing you to vape though. You could always just abstain until the end of the match?

It doesn't particularly bother me, but I have been in crowds- sorting and musical- where someone has been vaping and the exhalations are going in my face. I certainly didn't fear for my health (though there are no definitive studies about the harm from vaping to the vaper or anyone near them, for obvious reasons), but I'd rather it wasn't, especially if said exhalations are flavoured. I'm not sure why the rights of the minority who want to vape are held above the majority of people who don't vape

Tosh! The club ARE forcing me to be subjected to second hand smoke.

1 hour ago, Webzcas said:

Tosh! The club ARE forcing me to be subjected to second hand smoke.

Have they forced you to get a season ticket in the designated smoking area? I have to say, I don't think that's the best view fella. I hope you're getting a significant discount

On 2/8/2016 at 12:59, myol'man said:

2 hours ago, Stephen Lewis said:

Why not just give up vaping, or is it too hard for you?

What a pathetic habit and poor example to any kids around.

Sorry but your just playing into the tobacco companies hands, vape today but tobacco tomorrow; it's cool kids.

What nonsense.

Most vapers, like me, are ex-smokers, and it was taking up vaping that helped them to stop.

Archived