IGNORED

Three Lions Sign

And Its Smith

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

What a patronising sign...bet Johnson had sleepless nights wondering if he had the approval of the three lions....didn't they do something similar to cotts.

good to know they feel like they represent the views of our fan base

They represent the views of the pub management and some of their customers. (The pub are) Great club supporters, serving drinking to an assembled mass of noise making monkeys.

I'm all for Lee, and their tongue in cheek response to the appointment is par.

All things to all people and that. The fact they have taken the time, gone to the expense and remain onside is a credit to them. 

30 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

What a patronising sign...bet Johnson had sleepless nights wondering if he had the approval of the three lions....didn't they do something similar to cotts.

And Coaches - Managers back to Gary Johnson. So being supportive of whoever the Coach/Manager is the norm for the pub.

Would you prefer it if the pub and its patrons acted like others and ignored the existence of BCFC?

47 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

It's just harmless fun from a proper 'City' pub, they've done it before and they'll do it again. It's fine by me...

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It's just harmless fun from a proper 'City' pub, they've done it before and they'll do it again. It's fine by me...

It's the 'not everyone's choice but we'll back you' bit. To me that just sounds wrong!

None of the other signs had negative connotations. I doubt he'll give a shit, but I just don't know why you'd put that on a supporters sign!

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It's the 'not everyone's choice but we'll back you' bit. To me that just sounds wrong!

None of the other signs had negative connotations. I doubt he'll give a shit, but I just don't know why you'd put that on a supporters sign!

He is not everybodies choice,. The same as Mr Cotterill ... Don't knock it long.

8 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah that was the bit that seemed an unnecessary thing to say. For what it's worth I thought lee was a very tidy footballer who gave many years of good service to this club  and quite happy with his appointment. 

Not knocking them for doing this but the Johnson we trust banner seems more supportive of a new manager.

11 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Surely that's the case with every manager? Just seems distinctly negative to me! 

Its varying degrees.

Another perception is that it is a positive attitude - You will be supported, The same attitude was displayed to Mt Cotterill Don't knock it long, do it right etc and you will be supported.

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

So local pub that has spent hours and lots of money supporting the club, produces another tongue in cheek banner and people find the need to pick up on specific sentances.

Our support never fail to disappoint me with their petty digs at others !

Don't be such a drama queen! 

Who's being petty? Having an opinion on whether something reads as positive or negative isn't pettiness. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Don't be such a drama queen! 

Who's being petty? Having an opinion on whether something reads as positive or negative isn't pettiness. 

The Three Lions is obviously a positive in a sea of apathy to the football club.

The focus could be how could fans increase the almost anonymous public face of BCFC?

4 hours ago, phantom said:

So local pub that has spent hours and lots of money supporting the club, produces another tongue in cheek banner and people find the need to pick up on specific sentances.

Our support never fail to disappoint me with their petty digs at others !

But that's the internet for you, we all end up commenting and waffling (well, some of us more than others) on things we wouldn't even have been aware of before 1992. It just sits here begging for sarcasm, negativity, moaning and cock waving, apparently.

Archived