IGNORED

E. Post Rovers Family Tickets Voucher Offer

Jack Dawe

On the front page again today. They seem to do this at regular intervals throughout the season. I remember them doing this early last season during their stuttering start, ensuring their crowds didn't dip too low. It's four people (2 adults, 2 kids) for £20, a competitive price with other family attractions. I think they do this for something like a max of 7 or 800, so if 500 people took up this offer, that's 2000 added to your crowd. Good going when you get 5 or 6 thousand. Crafty sagheads.

A clever way to massage their crowds and save face/ keep up appearances then, plus some of these poor sods must spend a fortune in that Santa's Grotty portaloo club shop or whatever that thing is that crops up on here occasionally. Not a problem for us recently with demand outstripping supply, we might need to do the same next year though (the vouchers, not the Santa's Grotto thingy).

I wonder how else we can save face and massage our crowds next season (other than signing some players over the summer and winning a few more games. And not playing 3-5-2. Etc, etc) should we need to?

We will need to do similar offers if we hope to attract the same casual sports fans that Rovers are clearly appealing to here.  Fortunately for us, the whole "product" is so superior to what Rovers can offer - far better stadium with decent food and drink outlets, larger attendances, better standard of football - that we could charge a bit more than them and still win that battle.  But price is key and credit to Rovers where it's due, £20 for 4 people is a very decent offer for an afternoon out.

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

How many of their "families" comprise of four people though ?! :noexp:

(cue : your sister is your mother, your uncle........etc.....) 

What sort of Sag family starts with women first, FFS??

You forget the sag motto: women are for necessity, boys are for pleasure.

:nono:

Never. NEVER forget your history.

Uncle TFR

5 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

How many of their "families" comprise of four people though ?! :noexp:

(cue : your sister is your mother, your uncle........etc.....) 

I understand that these vouchers take all this into account...

Just now, phantom said:

Didn't realise people actually still bought that trash publication !?!?!

But maybe as the offer is aimed at the blue few, it speaks volumes about their target audience

I nominate Phantom as our leader.

We shall destroy the EP - just tell us how to do it, mine leader??

:worship2:

Uncle TFR

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Didn't realise people actually still bought that trash publication !?!?!

But maybe as the offer is aimed at the blue few, it speaks volumes about their target audience

Wondered how long it would take for someone to say this. Maybe the Blue Few commercial department are more eager to get fans on board at a cut price than we are? The Post will print any voucher so long as they get something out of it.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Wondered how long it would take for someone to say this. Maybe the Blue Few commercial department are more eager to get fans on board at a cut price than we are? The Post will print any voucher so long as they get something out of it.

I suppose Bristol Sport did advertise at Temple Meads over Christmas which was something different - just a shame the same posters are there advertising matches over Xmas and the selling of Xmas jumpers

32 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It's good news for the dads of Kingswood, they can take more of the family with them to the game, including the racist son and the nephew who likes to punch horses 

Do you mean their actual biological sons or just the ones belonging to whatever bit of rough they`re currently shacked up with? 

Don't they always do this sort of thing when we have news:

Bristol City announce new stadium plans, 'we want one too'. 

Bristol City's plans don't happen 'ours is, we will be built in a year'

Bristol City show off shiny new stand 'look at our portacabin'

Bristol City appoint up and coming, dynamic new Head Coach (ok, I added a little flourish there) 'we can't attract new fans so 4 people at a £5 each it is'

3 minutes ago, Red Si said:

Can a horse count as part of the family? 

We're talking Sag, here.

Brother / sister / family dog / horse - "bring it on".

I used to have a statue of aphrodite in the garden. I've got to bring it in every night now.

Like I said: the dirty, dirty beggars.

:disapointed2se:

Uncle TFR

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We will need to do similar offers if we hope to attract the same casual sports fans that Rovers are clearly appealing to here.  Fortunately for us, the whole "product" is so superior to what Rovers can offer - far better stadium with decent food and drink outlets, larger attendances, better standard of football - that we could charge a bit more than them and still win that battle.  But price is key and credit to Rovers where it's due, £20 for 4 people is a very decent offer for an afternoon out.

I agree. I also think City need to being back the old 'quid a kid' nights (Tuesday nights, sat on the wooden seats in the Williams, in the freezing cold, with my little brother and my late Dad, eating pasties and drinking Bovril - happy days) and also they used to chuck 30 or so tickets to local primary schools to encourage new City fans to the Gate. This was in fact how I became hooked. Aged about 9 or 10 and Paul Agostino scored a brace against Notts County (iirc)

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I agree. I also think City need to being back the old 'quid a kid' nights (Tuesday nights, sat on the wooden seats in the Williams, in the freezing cold, with my little brother and my late Dad, eating pasties and drinking Bovril - happy days) and also they used to chuck 30 or so tickets to local primary schools to encourage new City fans to the Gate. This was in fact how I became hooked. Aged about 9 or 10 and Paul Agostino scored a brace against Notts County (iirc)

I think there will be many more offers next season with everything open. Doesn`t make sense this year with us selling out most games.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think there will be many more offers next season with everything open. Doesn`t make sense this year with us selling out most games.

You're not wrong there. I've already heard on the grapevine about an 80's themed night in the new, 'Go West Stand', including a women-only, 'Don't look down girl' ticket offer because it's too bloody high in the top tier and 'We close our eyes' to cope. Mark Ashton said 'Call me' for details and don't you dare refer to me as, 'The King of wishful thinking'. If its as popular as the car boot sale themed nights I staged at Oxford we'll be quids in.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

As I have said on this forum many times, the new stadium is an opportunity not to be squandered. It will only be new and novel once. A real chance to attract new fans, so they need to make the most of the "new stadium bounce" and price the tickets accordingly.

5 hours ago, RedM said:

Don't they always do this sort of thing when we have news:

Bristol City announce new stadium plans, 'we want one too'. 

Bristol City's plans don't happen 'ours is, we will be built in a year'

Bristol City show off shiny new stand 'look at our portacabin'

Bristol City appoint up and coming, dynamic new Head Coach (ok, I added a little flourish there) 'we can't attract new fans so 4 people at a £5 each it is'

I've said it on here lots and I'm quite happy to say it again, I work with a guy who used to work at The Bristol Post, he's from Liverpool, a Tranmere fan with no axe to grind.

He told me that pretty much all the editorial staff at The Post are gasheads and they go out of their way to discredit City. One example he told me was that a reporter was sent miles away to some godforsaken Northern outpost just to cover the court appearance of a City fan who'd be arrested at an away game.

He said their anti City agenda is obvious and pathetic. Not my views, this is from a neutral guy with no axe to grind..makes you think though...

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've said it on here lots and I'm quite happy to say it again, I work with a guy who used to work at The Bristol Post, he's from Liverpool, a Tranmere fan with no axe to grind.

He told me that pretty much all the editorial staff at The Post are gasheads and they go out of their way to discredit City. One example he told me was that a reporter was sent miles away to some godforsaken Northern outpost just to cover the court appearance of a City fan who'd be arrested at an away game.

He said their anti City agenda is obvious and pathetic. Not my views, this is from a neutral guy with no axe to grind..makes you think though...

This would be the same newspaper that did an entire pullout section devoted to City when we reached the JPT final, yes? And devoted pages and pages to our promotion? And invariably has just as many Bristol City articles as Rovers ones across its website and back pages?

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Aaah it all makes sense now seeing a stupid article saying Johnson could be the next dopey darrell today.

Archived