IGNORED

England fans, Euro 2016 tickets (MERGED)

BCFC1512

On 3 March 2016 at 14:30, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hi Kid,

Just to let you know that French June rail tickets are on sale.

Use the SNCF site and click on the flag in the top right hand corner for English language.

Good Luck

Hello, I'm after a bit of advice and hope you could help!

Is there a way of getting from Marseille to Geneva by 7am the day after the match? 

Thanks in advance 

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Kick-Off is 21H00, so anticipate a departure post 24H00.

There would appear to no trains, planes or buses.

To my mind, the only possibility is a hire car - a five hour drive, but you would need to collect the car prior to kick-off as car hire agencies will be closed. 

Thanks for your help, I will fly home from Paris on the Sunday 

On 3/4/2016 at 19:20, bcfcOK said:

Got tickets for the Russia game in Marseille. Anyone got any advice on how We can travel there? Flying doesn't seem to be the easiest

Last time I went that way I flew Bournemouth-Toulon(Hyeres) with Ryanair. Just a short hop on the train to Marseille. Airport about 12 miles out of Toulon I think with buses, trains, taxis available into Toulon station.

Hi all. I've been offered a ticket for Wales-Slovakia in Bordeaux. Although I'm English, not Welsh, I'd still love to go and experience a tournament. However the person who's offered me the ticket will already be there so I'd need to travel independently. I've looked at flights and ferry options, almost all of which are now prohibitively expensive. By far the cheapest ferry is of course Dover/Calais but that leaves me with an epic road trip!

Any hints, tips or creative ideas on how to get there are cheaply as possible?!

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hi all. I've been offered a ticket for Wales-Slovakia in Bordeaux. Although I'm English, not Welsh, I'd still love to go and experience a tournament. However the person who's offered me the ticket will already be there so I'd need to travel independently. I've looked at flights and ferry options, almost all of which are now prohibitively expensive. By far the cheapest ferry is of course Dover/Calais but that leaves me with an epic road trip!

Drive  via euro tunnel only take take 12hrs

Totally off the wall but what about the overnight ferry from Plymouth to Santander and drive to Bordeaux. Depends where in the UK you`re based but the ferry trip is almost a cruise in itself across the Bay of Biscay - you see whales and allsorts - then about 250 miles on a-roads to Bordeaux. I can`t imagine the ferry route will be a particularly popular one for the Euros so the prices shouldn`t be increased due to them.

Brittany Ferries is what you want to be looking at.

27 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Drive  via euro tunnel only take take 12hrs

That's basically what I'm looking at, except using the ferry rather than the tunnel as it's half the price. About 7 hours to Bordeaux from Calais though...a lot of fuel!

Also looking at flying to Nantes and picking up a hire car there - three hours on to Bordeaux. It's all adding up though whatever way I do it.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Totally off the wall but what about the overnight ferry from Plymouth to Santander and drive to Bordeaux. Depends where in the UK you`re based but the ferry trip is almost a cruise in itself across the Bay of Biscay - you see whales and allsorts - then about 250 miles on a-roads to Bordeaux. I can`t imagine the ferry route will be a particularly popular one for the Euros so the prices shouldn`t be increased due to them.

Brittany Ferries is what you want to be looking at.

Thanks - I did look at this option, certainly an attractive one, but it was around £800 for the Santander ferry. Way out of my budget!

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks - I did look at this option, certainly an attractive one, but it was around £800 for the Santander ferry. Way out of my budget!

Bloody hell, that is steep! I suppose it`s because they try and sell it as a mini cruise rather than a bog standard ferry crossing. I`m amazed it`s that much though - a couple of hundred would seem reasonable but not 800 notes!

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Mega bus go to Paris then coach or train to Bordeaux, no driving involved so if it's just you sleep on the bus / train.

Fly to Toulouse from Bristol train to Bordeaux

28 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Mega bus go to Paris then coach or train to Bordeaux, no driving involved so if it's just you sleep on the bus / train.

Fly to Toulouse from Bristol train to Bordeaux

Thanks - the bus option sounds horrendous but could be within budget!

Toulouse from Bristol is £243. A good shout, but again too expensive. Basically I'm trying to do the trip on a shoestring to get it past Mrs Chip, but I think I'm going to struggle!

On 3/26/2016 at 12:00, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks - the bus option sounds horrendous but could be within budget!

Toulouse from Bristol is £243. A good shout, but again too expensive. Basically I'm trying to do the trip on a shoestring to get it past Mrs Chip, but I think I'm going to struggle!

A late response, but I agree with Countryfile.

Take a cheap coach to Paris and then the TGV to Bordeaux out of Montparnasse - just over 3 hours, city centre to city centre and a comfortable reserved seat for just over €100 return. 

Archived