IGNORED

The Official Matchday Thread for the Mighty Reds against Ipswich

BigTone

Ok so the Master himself (Sir Havana) has asked me to do the deed while he is off having his Boondocks massaged and drained by some young Fillipino filly somewhere in a back alley in downtown Manilla. I have dutifully thrown myself headfirst into the task at hand but warn you that Geography was not my forte in school.

Here goes:

Ipswich

Ipswich, Queensland's oldest provincial city with a suburban and rural hinterland is 30 km south-west of central Brisbane, at the junction of the Brisbane, Lockyer and Fassifern valleys. It is also on the Bremer River, which passes through Ipswich’s southern and eastern suburbs, joining the Brisbane River at Riverview. The Bremer has numerous tributaries, including Mihi Creek (Brassal), Warrill Creek (Yamanto), Tivoli Creek (North Ipswich), Deebing Creek (Churchill) and Bundamba Creek (Booval).

FLOODS 2011

The Bremer River and its tributaries can experience severe downpours. Ipswich has had ten major floods since 1893, the year when the Bremer River rose to 24.5 metres. Experience has taught builders and residents the places to avoid, except a few parts built on before the 1893 record flood. One of those is the business centre, in particular east of East Street and west of the railway crossing. Another is Ipswich High School, next to Mihi Creek. In January 2011 the Bremer River peaked at 19.4 m, exceeded only by the 1893 figure and 1974 (20.7 m). Many of the suburbs were invaded along river and creek-side areas.

Not as detailed as what we would normally expect from the Master but I did not want to steal his thunder.

Prediction time for The Might vs The Shite:

City to win 2-0 with a brace from Tomlin and another card for Baker

COYR

Big Tone is on the scene, Hava's apprentice at work.  What will Aizoon say about all of this then?

You've called the score right, big man, City to absolutely 100% win this one 2-0.

And I'd even agree with the Tomlin brace.

Should be an easy game tomorrow, those Ipswich players will be damn tired from their flight over from Australia.

This weekend fixtures could be a season defining weekend. All eight bottom sides have difficult games, including City.

In ascending order; Charlton v Cardiff / Brighton v Bolton / Rotherham v Birmingham / CITY v Ipswich / Derby v MK Dons / QPR v Fulham / Blackburn v Hull /  Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield

All eight could easily lose, but, of all the bottom eight, City have picked up more points over the last 4 games than any other, and have conceded only 1 goal in this time.

Add to this, a new Manager/Head Coach making his Ashton Gate bow  - On the back of an away win. - and a full house.Then throw Ipswich Towns dire injury crisis into the mix, and there could be an opportunity for 3 invaluable points.

If results (and it's a big IF) fall our way, all of a sudden.................................................................. 

It's imperative that No matter what your stance on the Lee Johnson appointment is; whether you're over or underwhelmed, delighted or gutted, or just simply couldn't care less, we must, as one, unite behind our football team and make every effort to get them over the line. 

It could, come 4.50pm , make all the difference.

1 hour ago, arpaul said:

This weekend fixtures could be a season defining weekend. All eight bottom sides have difficult games, including City.

In ascending order; Charlton v Cardiff / Brighton v Bolton / Rotherham v Birmingham / CITY v Ipswich / Derby v MK Dons / QPR v Fulham / Blackburn v Hull /  Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield

All eight could easily lose, but, of all the bottom eight, City have picked up more points over the last 4 games than any other, and have conceded only 1 goal in this time.

Add to this, a new Manager/Head Coach making his Ashton Gate bow  - On the back of an away win. - and a full house.Then throw Ipswich Towns dire injury crisis into the mix, and there could be an opportunity for 3 invaluable points.

If results (and it's a big IF) fall our way, all of a sudden.................................................................. 

It's imperative that No matter what your stance on the Lee Johnson appointment is; whether you're over or underwhelmed, delighted or gutted, or just simply couldn't care less, we must, as one, unite behind our football team and make every effort to get them over the line. 

It could, come 4.50pm , make all the difference.

Of those games, I reckon Charlton are the best chance of 3 points, closely followed by us and Rotherham.  Can see Fulham getting a point against QPR....and possibly Huddersfield too.

• Admin
9 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Er couldn't find the introduction section ?     Anyway looking forward to playing you tomorrow.      Been a follower of Town for more years than I can remember and seen the good and bad (mostly bad) but decided to register and having a look round.    

Welcome aboard, all fans apart from Bristol Rovers are welcome on here. 

Hope it's a long way for nothing for you guys today, we're desperate for points so hope you don't mind us taking all three 

Forget the injury crisis at Ipswich. This is a smokescreen put out by Mick McCarthy to lull us into a false sense of hope. I've heard this said so many times over the years and it is nonsense because they have a large enough squad to cope and those who are coming in to replace will try that bit harder to keep their place.

Se we need to be fully organised and concentrated to get anything. Will we win? I haven't a clue.Just praying that we do.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Welcome aboard, all fans apart from Bristol Rovers are welcome on here. 

Hope it's a long way for nothing for you guys today, we're desperate for points so hope you don't mind us taking all three 

Well if the OP has his geography right, its going to be a hell of a long way for nothing. 

12 hours ago, BigTone said:

Ok so the Master himself (Sir Havana) has asked me to do the deed while he is off having his Boondocks massaged and drained by some young Fillipino filly somewhere in a back alley in downtown Manilla. I have dutifully thrown myself headfirst into the task at hand but warn you that Geography was not my forte in school.

Here goes:

Ipswich

Ipswich, Queensland's oldest provincial city with a suburban and rural hinterland is 30 km south-west of central Brisbane, at the junction of the Brisbane, Lockyer and Fassifern valleys. It is also on the Bremer River, which passes through Ipswich’s southern and eastern suburbs, joining the Brisbane River at Riverview. The Bremer has numerous tributaries, including Mihi Creek (Brassal), Warrill Creek (Yamanto), Tivoli Creek (North Ipswich), Deebing Creek (Churchill) and Bundamba Creek (Booval).

FLOODS 2011

The Bremer River and its tributaries can experience severe downpours. Ipswich has had ten major floods since 1893, the year when the Bremer River rose to 24.5 metres. Experience has taught builders and residents the places to avoid, except a few parts built on before the 1893 record flood. One of those is the business centre, in particular east of East Street and west of the railway crossing. Another is Ipswich High School, next to Mihi Creek. In January 2011 the Bremer River peaked at 19.4 m, exceeded only by the 1893 figure and 1974 (20.7 m). Many of the suburbs were invaded along river and creek-side areas.

Not as detailed as what we would normally expect from the Master but I did not want to steal his thunder.

Prediction time for The Might vs The Shite:

City to win 2-0 with a brace from Tomlin and another card for Baker

COYR

Why the different font?

Eh?

Tastes different.

Uncle TFR

11 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Er couldn't find the introduction section ?     Anyway looking forward to playing you tomorrow.      Been a follower of Town for more years than I can remember and seen the good and bad (mostly bad) but decided to register and having a look round.    

Mostly bad? MOSTLY BAD?!

You have no idea.

Your lot don't even come close!

2 hours ago, red panda said:

Just off to do my emergency shop - bottled water, tinned goods, weapons etc.  Do you realise how much of our vital infrastructure depends on the ie days?  If, perish thewith thought, we were to lose today, I fear the world wide web will spontaneously combust within the hour :ph34r::mf_sleep:

Jut done mine as well. Wine, eggs, spude, wine and of course wine.

Terrible weather here in France with my roof tiles, wheelie bin, sundial and dog flying off over the horizon with gale blowing.

Hope a bit calmer in Briz for the game

Archived