IGNORED

Agard

Red Army 75

Seemed to get to every ball slung up to him, even those he had no right to win, and looks damn sharp for someone who has spent more time watching than playing recently, with the Ipswich keeper dong well to keep him out.

The energy he expended closing down every single opposition player in range when they had possession was a big part in us keeping them at arms length for the last ten mins (plus unbelievably long injury time).

Top draw, and proved what an asset he is to have, certainly alongside Wilbraham when we are needing to close out games - tremendous game management in injury time from them, Freeman and others; you could see the frustration radiating off the Ipswich players.

I still think we need a striker who can nick a goal or two in tight games (like Pitman did), but there clearly is a role for Agard across the rest of the season.

Agard was superb off the bench today for sure, but it is to be considered that he was fresh legs against a tired pair of Centre halves. Today I thought JK did alot of running and chasing, more than usual. Agard was good but to call for a start is very sudden after a good 20 minutes or so.

50 minutes ago, City169 said:

I fully endorse your giving out of endorsements to people wanting to endorse threads.

I'm happy endorse any thread that is endorsed by fellow posters and where those posters are being endorsed by fellow posters for endorsing a thread, such as the thread I am happy to endorse.:blink:

27 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

He did that all last season…not enough to impress his critics.

You're right and I am one of them and the reason for that is for all his hard work he has shown very very little quality. Today when he came on his first touch was excellent, held the ball up well, went past players a few times, looked a different player to me. Looked every bit a championship player today which IMO he rarely has.

4 hours ago, Kodjia 22 said:

Agard was superb off the bench today for sure, but it is to be considered that he was fresh legs against a tired pair of Centre halves. Today I thought JK did alot of running and chasing, more than usual. Agard was good but to call for a start is very sudden after a good 20 minutes or so.

Glad you spotted Kodjia's movement today.  I thought he ran the channels well today, countless times gaining us throw-ins in the final 20 yards of the pitch, and the odd free kick.

Since Tomlin has arrived, he's also been less selfish, popping it off, knowing he's got a good chance of getting it back.  His touch in tight areas a couple of times today was superb.  These two will click for goals / assists over the coming games.

Agree totally with Agard....it was like his Wolves performance earlier this season.  We now have a squad.  Who was our number 11 who came on?  Waggy!

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

I'm happy endorse any thread that is endorsed by fellow posters and where those posters are being endorsed by fellow posters for endorsing a thread, such as the thread I am happy to endorse.:blink:

I couldn't give a fork!

We won, again!!!      :clapping:

Archived