IGNORED

Some good saves today

Lack of Action Man

From both keepers. Certainly the game could've been very different had their keeper not got a palm to the deflected shot in the first half, whilst O'donnell's top right save from a venomous shot was also important in the second.

Though... the less said about that Basso-esque spanner foot back pass clearance in the first half the better! :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I cannot believe that Wigan have better than O Donnell. An absolute steal. 

You'd be surprised. Barnsley have got four players with a better technique than any of our players, we were told last week remember. 

21 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I cannot believe that Wigan have better than O Donnell. An absolute steal. 

By all accounts on a free, an absolute quality addition and if that was SC parting gift so to speak then thanks Cotts. Constantly talking to his defence - noticed when Flint was walking back after the first he was straight in his ear telling him to concentrate. Little things all ad up. Two quality shot stops today.

shame about his right peg but that's for our coaches to work on because there's not a lot else needs improving 

7 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Thought their keepers save from Koreys deflected shot was incredible, quite rightly described as "outrageous". 

It was, and the one from Agard in the second half was top quality too. We were right in line with it and it looked in all the way.

8 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Thought their keepers save from Koreys deflected shot was incredible, quite rightly described as "outrageous". 

Agreed - any save where the keeper has to readjust his position at the last minute shows real ability. Even more impressive was the fact he was able to tip it over, rather than just palm it away, potentially into the path of a forward.

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I like Frankie a lot and don't understand the stick he gets from certain quarters on here but O'Donnell is a better keeper than him in every department. 

Agree but (From my view - (those in South Stand will be able to comment ))  O'Donnells save from their header second half was not far off - looked a Worldy :clapping:

Archived