IGNORED

Sell Out?......Something's wrong

Between heaven and hell

Yet again we have the message this week from the club that the game is sold out, yesterday we get the extra reminder that no tickets available.

Today there must have been at least 150 empty seats in the Atyeo and several hundred in the South stand!

This is not all down to people not turning up that have season tickets something is wrong somewhere.

I  take it we are allowed to sell all the seats in the three stands these days are we?

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Yet again we have the message this week from the club that the game is sold out, yesterday we get the extra reminder that no tickets available.

Today there must have been at least 150 empty seats in the Atyeo and several hundred in the South stand!

This is not all down to people not turning up that have season tickets something is wrong somewhere.

I  take it we are allowed to sell all the seats in the three stands these days are we?

Not yet, no. We are still under capacity in the SS due to it technically being a building site and not having the full safety certificate.

Plus the Atyeo is deceptive, firstly because we allowed unreserved seating we are not allowed to sell all the seats and secondly many of the empty seats at the front will then belong to those standing in the gangways higher up or standing more than 1 person per seat position.

I take the view that it's pretty amazing that all our gates are 15k+ despite being around the bottom 3 all season.

10 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Not yet, no. We are still under capacity in the SS due to it technically being a building site and not having the full safety certificate.

Plus the Atyeo is deceptive, firstly because we allowed unreserved seating we are not allowed to sell all the seats and secondly many of the empty seats at the front will then belong to those standing in the gangways higher up or standing more than 1 person per seat position.

I take the view that it's pretty amazing that all our gates are 15k+ despite being around the bottom 3 all season.

I actually wonder if us being near the bottom is helping attendances in a strange way. There is a lot at stake every week and one thing we do know about this team is there is never any lack of effort. If we were trundling along in mid table people might not be so bothered. Plus the fact that, despite our position, broadly speaking we are still playing entertaining football.

Archived