IGNORED

Result announcement at the end of the game

fanjita

3 hours ago, fanjita said:

We've all just watched the game and we know the f**#^%in score so why do they have to announce it over the tannoy? Do they think that some of us may have been sleeping and missed a goal?

Long standing planning condition from when the Dolman Stand was built blocking the decades long view from the Mandela House flats... Residents withdrew opposition to the plans as long as announcements were made informing them of the final score on match playing days. 

Fair enough I think -good on 'em.

We've all just watched the game and we know the f**#^%in score so why do they have to announce it over the tannoy? Do they think that some of us may have been sleeping and missed a goal?

Totally agree, it's cringeworthy.

Mind you, I was 1 minute late getting in when we played Blackpool at home about 15 ( ish) years ago, I watched the whole game and believed we had won 1-0. This was until I got back to the car, turned the radio on and found out Blackpool had scored in the first 30 seconds and we had drawn 1-1 :yes: 

I did wonder why the crowd 'celebrations' were fairly mute at the end of the game!

edit, after looking it up, I'm pretty sure it was 1995/6 

Walsall at home last season, people could have easily missed a bit of action if they'd gone for a second half wee!

4 hours ago, fanjita said:

It's just to reassure fans that they didn't imagine a win.

Should they not read out the team line ups before kick off..? Everyone can see who's out there on the pitch. 

Why do they put the club badge all over the place? It's not like we've forgotten who we have come to watch. 

As for the PA announcer telling us about substitutions..! We know, we are watching!

I understand the Bristol Rovers announcer reads out our scores, but only when we are losing. Our announcer, on the other hand, never reads out Rovers scores, as it is not relevant to us. Pretty reasonable though for our man to confirm our scoreline to those in the stadium. It can't do any harm can it?

8 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I understand the Bristol Rovers announcer reads out our scores, but only when we are losing. Our announcer, on the other hand, never reads out Rovers scores, as it is not relevant to us. Pretty reasonable though for our man to confirm our scoreline to those in the stadium. It can't do any harm can it?

Totally agree Midnight Slicker. 

4 hours ago, fanjita said:

Well some of the posters on here obviously see a different game to me at times, so maybe it's not a bad thing that we can all agree on the 'kin score.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Totally agree, it's cringeworthy.

Mind you, I was 1 minute late getting in when we played Blackpool at home about 15 ( ish) years ago, I watched the whole game and believed we had won 1-0. This was until I got back to the car, turned the radio on and found out Blackpool had scored in the first 30 seconds and we had drawn 1-1 :yes: 

I did wonder why the crowd 'celebrations' were fairly mute at the end of the game!

edit, after looking it up, I'm pretty sure it was 1995/6 

It was the opening game of the 95-96 season. Blackpool scored after 10 seconds!

Archived