IGNORED

BACK PASS RULE.

marmite

I thought if it was a deliberate back pass with any part of the leg the ref could blow for it, but if it is off the knee not really likely to be deliberate? Might be wrong mind.

Rule

The ball is kicked (played with the foot, not the knee, thigh, or shin) by a team-mate of the goalkeeper.

I stand corrected!

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ha true. We'll shout for any small advantage though! 

The thing is if it was off the knee then the ref was right, but if it wasn't then did he use that as an excuse not to give it

Gotta be worth the shout even if only to put the element of doubt in the ref's mind when it comes to the next 50:50. 

13 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

It did make me chuckle; the amount of people who shouted "back-pass". Then continued a barrage toward the officials without knowing the rules.

Awaits the 'yea but...' posse.

I know the rules but still "appealed" ;) hopefully the highlight show light give us something definitive 

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I know the rules but still "appealed" ;) hopefully the highlight show light give us something definitive 

Haha, sure thing. I believe you ;)

It deffo came off the knee/upper shin area of his leg. I can confirm as I saw it perfectly. There were plenty round shouting then asking about the ruling!

I thought he kicked it, but hadn't been paying full attention as the person next to me was asking why we hadn't got the foul just before the contentious pass. I also have become very short sighted over the past year and can barely make out the numbers of players without my glasses, which I was without today. (I hope I have enough excuses for scrumpy)

Hi Guys, can I help you with this one ....... It is an offence by a goalkeeper if he:

touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate

That means kicked with any part of the foot, nothing above it.  However, if he circumvents the law by flicking it up with his foot then heads it, it is still and offence for which an indirect free kick is given.

The Laws of Association Football gives you the full Laws of the game and the interpretation of the laws, but I am willing to assist as an ex-licenced referee instructor.

1 hour ago, Dave Storr said:

Hi Guys, can I help you with this one ....... It is an offence by a goalkeeper if he:

touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate

That means kicked with any part of the foot, nothing above it.  However, if he circumvents the law by flicking it up with his foot then heads it, it is still and offence for which an indirect free kick is given.

The Laws of Association Football gives you the full Laws of the game and the interpretation of the laws, but I am willing to assist as an ex-licenced referee instructor.

Cheers for the clarification Dave. The ref clearly knew his stuff!

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Seems our crowd and more our importantly, our players, dont know the rules.

Seems you're missing the point and, more importantly, don't realise what our job is, as fans. Our job is to loudly disagree with the ref whenever he gives a decision against us (rightly or wrongly, makes no difference), to get in his face and that of the opposing team and bench, and generally to influence the mood in our team's favour. The rules of football are pretty simple.

Archived