IGNORED

No Announcement

Bs4Red

On 13 February 2016 at 22:27, downendcity said:

Probably worried that any announcement would be drowned out by the booming.:)

That should read booing - damned predictive typing!

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

That should read booing - damned predictive typing!

it wouldnt suprise me if this was probably the main reason he wasnt announced. It was quite obvious to the club that he wasnt a first choice for many, so probably wanted to avoid a situation where there could be some booing.

2 hours ago, Richwilkins50 said:

it wouldnt suprise me if this was probably the main reason he wasnt announced. It was quite obvious to the club that he wasnt a first choice for many, so probably wanted to avoid a situation where there could be some booing.

I don't think there was one manager who was the first choice for many, you will never please all the fans with a managerial appointment.

14 hours ago, Richwilkins50 said:

That's what I thought too, but it was a bit of a shame at the same time. Maybe not a massive 'Here's your new manager, let's get right behind him'type announcement but surely a 'welcome back to Ashton Gate' announcement returning players get would have been nice.

i honestly expect Lee asked for it to be low key though. He has already described himself as Marmite and knows actions are needed to win some fans over. 

Archived