IGNORED

Nathan Baker

yardy

5 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Here's hoping!

Send us a link to the 'reports' please.

If a 3rd/4th choice player is on £25k pw then no wonder Villa are in a whole world of hurt.

This is ultimately true, I play cricket with a number of his close friends, and the contract renewal in the summer was frightning!

40 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just ignore the fact we lose millions a year already yeah?

The whole point of a 27,000 capacity ground with sold out corporate boxes is to increase our income.

That must result in a prudent increase in our wage expenditure in the summer (should we stay up) if we want to do better than this season. If it doesn't I fail to see the point of the ground upgrade in the first place, or of being in the Championship, or of the (laughable) pronouncements from the board of aiming for the Premiership.

Even if we do increase our wage cap, I would be surprised if Nathan Baker is prepared to take a pay cut approaching 50% to join us.   

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Much as I would love to get Baker & Tomlin on board both they and the club would be foolish to agree anything without knowing what league we`re going to be in - although staying up is looking more and more promising, we could still implode.

Wouldn't be a bad move for tomlin, if we stay up. Granted, we'd have a fair bit of competition from championship sides but I'm sure he'd be a guaranteed starter here. He'll get to know the squad right now whilst he's here, it's not that far to relocate from Bournemouth either. Sounds like Bournemouth want rid, would be great to bring him in for £2m or so.

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The whole point of a 27,000 capacity ground with sold out corporate boxes is to increase our income.

That must result in a prudent increase in our wage expenditure in the summer (should we stay up) if we want to do better than this season. If it doesn't I fail to see the point of the ground upgrade in the first place, or of being in the Championship, or of the (laughable) pronouncements from the board of aiming for the Premiership.

Even if we do increase our wage cap, I would be surprised if Nathan Baker is prepared to take a pay cut approaching 50% to join us.   

I didn't suggest a 50% pay cut did I?  Pretty sure I mentioned a sizeable signing on fee.

i hope that the extra revenue streams mean that we start to break even. 

28 minutes ago, cynic said:

If that is true, then its really irresponsible of Chelsea.

My mates son was a first year professional at 18 with Everton about 5 years ago and he was on 40k per annum - which is a lot of money at that age.

I can't see other clubs being as stupid as Chelsea - if its true of course.

I have no idea if it's true or not, but just something mentioned on the radio. 

Mentioned on the radio, read it somewhere, bloke in pub said...

Actually, I've trolled the net and came up with an obscure site about celebrity earnings. It states that Nathan does indeed earn 24,000 per week  but in Euros! So at that time the £ was at £1.40 so about £17,000 per week. Whether this is based on playing or  is his basic is anyone's guess.

Fact is that AV are in dreadful trouble with a wage bill of £65 million and an owner who lives in USA full time , who has stepped down as Chairman and is desperately trying to sell the club. In Jan , they were hoping to reduce the wage bill by £11 million ( source Telegraph) and failed to get anywhere close.

Championship bound , with massive debts , an unsustainable wage bill and a terrifying drop in income next season( even with para payments) all points to big big trouble ahead for Aston Villa. They may have little choice to cash in on saleable assets this Summer.

So yes, I think BCFC could afford Nathan in signing fees and wages. Trouble is the likes of Burnley who tried to buy him last summer can probably afford more. We would have serious competition for this player.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

....and yet no-one on here moaning that one of our loanees (Alex Pearce) isn't getting any minutes, ala Simon Cox.  I'm only teasing, very different having a centre half on the bench.  Williams or Burns not in 18 yesterday....injured?

No guarantee he has, although you'd think even Villa might have thought to insert one, even if they thought they;d be in no danger.

Can only assume both were injured?

Archived