IGNORED

Fulham .v. Blackburn

old_eastender

Guess a draw would be our favoured result today, meaning both clubs stay in range.

If there has to be a winner would rather it be Fulham, as see Blackburn as far more likely for us to finish ahead of. They have not won in 9 and of course are now without Rhodes too. Also if Fulham pulled away a bit they might be more likely to let Matt Smith go.

I think you`re right, if one of them has to win, I`d rather it was Fulham. We`ve still got to go to both and I fancy we`re more likely to get something at Fulham rather than Blackburn. We`d have far more fans there for one thing. If Blackburn win tonight and then beat us that means we`d have to pull 7 points on them somewhere to finish above them. If Fulham win and we got a draw there it would only be 4.

Don`t know if any of that makes sense!

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Guess a draw would be our favoured result today, meaning both clubs stay in range.

If there has to be a winner would rather it be Fulham, as see Blackburn as far more likely for us to finish ahead of. They have not won in 9 and of course are now without Rhodes too. Also if Fulham pulled away a bit they might be more likely to let Matt Smith go.

Agree with this. I can't see Fulham going down especially with their strike force. I do think we can overtake Blackburn - hopefully quite soon. 

This game is a case of the irresistable force (Fulham's attack, 47 goals) up against a difficult to budge object (Blackburn's defence, 27 conceded). And kind of the opposite down the other end.

Since beating us, Blackburn have scored 4 goals in 10 league games. Can they get past Fulham's porous "defence" which has let in more than ours?

29 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

This game is a case of the irresistable force (Fulham's attack, 47 goals) up against a difficult to budge object (Blackburn's defence, 27 conceded). And kind of the opposite down the other end.

Since beating us, Blackburn have scored 4 goals in 10 league games. Can they get past Fulham's porous "defence" which has let in more than ours?

yes

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not really Fulham are in free fall and played the same number of games as us

blackburn have games in hand and should get a midtable finish 

Makes me wonder how they hammered QPR at the weekend?

with their forwards, they shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom.

2 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Makes me wonder how they hammered QPR at the weekend?

with their forwards, they shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom.

Like us a few years ago and Cardiff qprare still cleaning up the mess of highly paid journeymen who are overpaid

they will struggle for a few years yet

fulham are in the same mess

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Like us a few years ago and Cardiff qprare still cleaning up the mess of highly paid journeymen who are overpaid

they will struggle for a few years yet

fulham are in the same mess

Fair enough but any side with McCormack and Dembele should not be in trouble. If we had them I would expect top 6 minimum.

1 minute ago, ciderup said:

Fair enough but any side with McCormack and Dembele should not be in trouble. If we had them I would expect top 6 minimum.

You can score all the goals in the world, if you can't keep them out the. You are ******

every successful team is built on a solid defence, don't concede and you don't lose simple as that

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

They hammered QPR with their forwards

But if their forwards have an off night, so does the team.

The QPR result is not typical of them this season; collapsing to a fellow bottom half team is.

Lots of football to go still, but think Fulham have problems.  And any team with the firepower they have being on a minus goal difference should tell you where those problems lie.

That said; looks a home banker to Charlton next game for them.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

You can score all the goals in the world, if you can't keep them out the. You are ******

every successful team is built on a solid defence, don't concede and you don't lose simple as that

I agree but that attack should score enough to keep them safe at least. It's better than a lot of prem teams.

14 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I agree but that attack should score enough to keep them safe at least. It's better than a lot of prem teams.

Could be real trouble for Fulham next year if they don't go down this season. (Don't think they will drop this year though.)

After a season like this year they will have a real job on their hands to keep hold of that strike pairing, coupled with a defence worse than ours and it looks grim for them.

14 minutes ago, City169 said:

Could be real trouble for Fulham next year if they don't go down this season. (Don't think they will drop this year though.)

After a season like this year they will have a real job on their hands to keep hold of that strike pairing, coupled with a defence worse than ours and it looks grim for them.

Dembele has already signed for Spurs I think and been loaned back. Their embargo won't help either.

59 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Don't score and you don't win.

I reckon if you scored "all the goals in the world," you'd have a fighting chance, even with Fulham's defence. Or ours.

Archived