IGNORED

His son's Bristolian

Dollymarie

30 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Lee is very political isn't he? Lots of little ingratiating comments at the moment. Won't give a monkey's if he's successful, don't get me wrong, but hope he doesn't turn into Pardew.

Personally think if LJ turns into half the manger Pardew is we will be very lucky! Very underrated

36 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Lee is very political isn't he? Lots of little ingratiating comments at the moment. Won't give a monkey's if he's successful, don't get me wrong, but hope he doesn't turn into Pardew.

That's only a section of the quote in a certain context. The full quote was along the lines of "I'm close friends with Maynard, great player, had injury problems. Will be good to catch up" Then - smiling "I know what he said about Bristol city fans, I'll give him a kick in the ankle in the tunnel! I'm sure it was meant tongue in cheek".

Getting PR right in the football world is so easy.

I don't care if it was 'manufactured,' so to speak, but LJ popping into the Three Lions for a chat with the locals and now having a light hearted pop at Maynard is just great stuff.

Very very easy to just do small things that will tell the fans that you are with them.

Unfortunately our 'friend' Dopey from north of the river thinks PR means getting bolloxed and chanting shite in pubs whilst slagging off hardworking people from respected regional newspapers....sad.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't care if it was 'manufactured,' so to speak, but LJ popping into the Three Lions for a chat with the locals and now having a light hearted pop at Maynard is just great stuff.

Very very easy to just do small things that will tell the fans that you are with them.

Unfortunately our 'friend' Dopey from north of the river thinks PR means getting bolloxed and chanting shite in pubs whilst slagging off hardworking people from respected regional newspapers....sad.

There`s a world of difference between staying classy and knowing when less is more and just trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

31 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's only a section of the quote in a certain context. The full quote was along the lines of "I'm close friends with Maynard, great player, had injury problems. Will be good to catch up" Then - smiling "I know what he said about Bristol city fans, I'll give him a kick in the ankle in the tunnel! I'm sure it was meant tongue in cheek".

Ok fair enough to, didn't see it all

Easy little sound bites that start to get a support onside. Everyone does it , we all know and even expect it and yet (maybe grudgingly ) enjoy or like it. No different to being pictured holding a flag/scarf/shirt. 

And then , there may be a small chance that he actually means some of them. Probably the ones about his club and coming home rather than kicking Maynard, although we live in hope .

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Exactly , that's our job ! 

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

There isn't any need for it. Why look back at ex City players? This point scoring with fans is a little tiresome now.

He was asked specifically about Maynard, along with JET. He didn't bring it up organically.

Hardly point scoring, it's just his humour. It's the sort of thing his father may have said in response too. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

There isn't any need for it. Why look back at ex City players? This point scoring with fans is a little tiresome now.

Out of interest did you hear the interview or are you just picking it up from here? I'm not having a go or anything I was just wondering if you had the whole context :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

But the interviewer brought the Maynard subject up. If Lee had said he didn't want to talk about it some would say he could have come across as bitter. It's his first few weeks in charge and he's just trying to keep fans on side because, even though he is ex city, there are some city fans still hung up on it.

2 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

But the interviewer brought the Maynard subject up. If Lee had said he didn't want to talk about it some would say he could have come across as bitter. It's his first few weeks in charge and he's just trying to keep fans on side because, even though he is ex city, there are some city fans still hung up on it.

Yeah, but, come on. A football manager who want's to keep his own club's fans on side in a relegation battle..

How needy is that..

:blink:

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Somewhat of an Oxymoron round these parts....

Archived