IGNORED

The Official Milton Keynes v Bristol City Match Day Thread

10 minutes ago, M_Porter said:

jk.png

This lot really do care don't they?  Very pleased youngsters given a chance, substitutions are positive (and happen), and that the buzz seems to be back.  Very happy here although as "here" is Brighton I'd really like to make it 4 in a row.

also amusing the stand behind him is about 25% full.

Edited by RumRed
Whatevs
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You are speaking to the wrong person here, I am very happy, but some of these delusional posts from people looking into their crystal balls trying to predict what might have happened????

What would have happened is that the opposition would have known exactly the 11 they were up against, they'd have known we'd play 'that' formation and there would be no meaningful subs unless there was an injury.

I agree the results are unknown but it wasn't looking great was it?

but we're doing well and that we're all happy!

Edited by RumRed
1 minute ago, RumRed said:

What would have happened is that the opposition would have known exactly the 11 they were up against, they'd have known we'd play 'that' formation and there would be no meaningful subs unless there was an injury.

I agree the results are unknown but it wasn't looking great was it?

I never said it was, SC was deservedly sacked but Derek Acora type machinations really?.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

MK looked awful from the highlights. Better finishing and we could have had 5 from the chances created. 

Cracking result. Good confidence for Kodjia and hopefully for Bryan too with his assist. 

Megalols at Kodjias second celebration. Couldn't decide where to go and nearly fell over his own feet. 

Joe looked involved, along with Freeman, in just about all those chances.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Wonder if Tomlin is on the radar for a permanent move.  Sounded a good solid performance and we are looking like we could be a decent side.

Be interesting to see him with the shackles off, hopefully once we are safe.

The tactic of giving him and Kodjia an hour or more and then bringing on Wilbraham and Agard is genius, Tomlin and Kodjia are players who need constant monitoring and then Wilbraham and Agard give our opponents something totally different again to worry about.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Be interesting to see him with the shackles off, hopefully once we are safe.

The tactic of giving him and Kodjia an hour or more and then bringing on Wilbraham and Agard is genius, Tomlin and Kodjia are players who need constant monitoring and then Wilbraham and Agard give our opponents something totally different again to worry about.

Kodj looked utterly f**ked by the time he went off!  Wilbs and Agard a smart move, Tomlin's not fully fit IMHO.  But given the conditions, and MK's turgid performance, I'm surprised we didn't bag a third

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Be good to get some feedback on the new boy, how did Zak get on. LJ gave him a good report but would be good to hear other opinions.

If he was our established FB I would have said he was very solid first half and looked very comfortable. Second half got caught out of position a couple of times, but played a full part in a clean sheet.

...then you remember this was his first game ever for us, in an important match.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Great away day win, MK were terrible and error strewn, far worse than they were last season. Such a shame with a wonderful ground.  City worked hard all over the pitch and were very well organised. 2 goals for JK will have his confidence back on fire, his second was a great strikers goal from one of the best passes you will see all season in the Championship. No way will City go down playing with that concentration, commitment, and shape. You can still see where we need improvements, but if we had changed shape and approach back last year we would be a solid mid table like Preston. 

Players that stood out today were Korey , Pack, JK, Flint , Baker and for me MOM Joe Bryan , that pass alone was worth going to the game. 

What on earth was SC thinking..... 

Seen a couple of posters saying Joe Bryan MOTM....which is really good to hear after a stuttering season, and also in a game where another player got a brace.  So wished I'd been there, but at a Chess Tourney with Joe (won 5 lost 2) who qualified for next event.  I'm not a regular away traveller, but I hate missing any game these days.

• Like 4