IGNORED

Surely we can't make it 4 wins a row???

reddogkev

To even think of City winning 4 in a row this season sounds incredible, especially after previously winning just 1 game a month.

I'd fancy us to score a couple Tuesday, and I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up a 2-1 win.

If we do, LJ is going to think this Championship malarkey is a piece of cake.

The benefit of picking up nine points the last three games is that when we come to face a team like Brighton we can afford to look at the match and consider a point a decent return.

Obviously, don't imagine we'll be looking to do anything other than win, but with the bottom three all away from home that night, I think staying unbeaten this week (even if that is two draws) would be very good; five points from MK, Brighton and Forest would be a great return.

After the exceptional run we've had, the pressure is off a little I think. A draw will be considered a good result, but we absolutely have what it takes to make it 4 from 4 and keep piling the pressure on those below us!

Confidence is high, and the side seem to have that belief back that has been missing. Can't help but think two goals at MK for Jimmy will be the catalyst for him getting his mojo back!

Going for an optimistic City 2-1

Considering Brighton were running away with it when we played there- I thought we did really well and I witnessed the worst penalty decision this season which resulted in LF being booked. We were near the bottom , Albion were top and unbeaten in ages -we came close to a draw and certainly not outplayed.

This is a game we could now win in style but nobody ever reads the script. 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

To even think of City winning 4 in a row this season sounds incredible, especially after previously winning just 1 game a month.

I'd fancy us to score a couple Tuesday, and I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up a 2-1 win.

If we do, LJ is going to think this Championship malarkey is a piece of cake.

Has draw written all over it.......happy to take another win mind,just think this will be a tough game..

We have to believe that Brighton will be smarting from yesterday, and that we can expect a reaction to that result. It's unlikely they will be so poor again, unless they are about to do a "Derby." Tough evening coming up but it's what we're in this league for, fixtures like this

Put it this way; the motivation for our boys is to potentially put up a ten points gap between ourselves the relegation spots, while for Brighton it is getting back into the automatic promotion spots, so I firmly believe both sides will be out to win.

In context, a draw for us is better than for them, so expect them to come at us, and based on how we've been playing across recent games, I see that suiting us.

They are on the same points in the form table in the last 6 games . So it will not be a easy game and will want to erase the 4-1 defeat from there minds.  

I'd be happy with a draw but If we stay tight in defence as we have done recently no reason why we can't have a good go at Brighton for the win.  

Much as I`d love us to win it I`m just thankful it`s not the `must win` game that it might have been. I`d be happy with a point TBH and keep the unbeaten run going and if we were to lose, at least it won`t be against one of our rivals.

I think I see it as a bit of a free hit really as I suspect most outsiders would expect Brighton to win. With Rotherham, Charlton and Bolton all with difficult away trips that night I can`t see them picking up too many points so it could easily end up as you were with one more game gone if we did lose.

24 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

current form table says we are 3rd best side in the league over last 6 games so we have every chance of making it 4 from 4 ! 

...and Brighton are 4th in the form table. I'd be happy with a draw (As long as those below us lose) but would LOVE a win. Slightly concerned about a possible backlash after their bad result yesterday.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would blame Danny Wilson for that, just as much as Brighton. 

Me too. I still hold a bit of a grudge against Brighton, though.

As others have said it won't necessarily be an easy game, but at least we can go into matches now feeling more confident and without the fear of defeat putting us in the bottom three. If we win - fantastic. If we draw it will be a useful point.

As we all know football has an acute ability to kick you in the teeth when you least expect it.Tonight is a free hit in many ways but it would not be beyond the bounds for two of the three in the drop zone pick up something and we get nothing.

I actually fancy us tonight mainly because we have tightened up so much at the back and we have a keeper that inspires confidence BUT, I would settle for a point.

Archived