IGNORED

Keith Millen and safe hands

Marina's Rolls Royce

I remember when Keith came to City and being underwhelmed at his appointment in a coaching role. He turned out as a really safe pair of hands, a really good coach and popular with players, staff and fans. He was also  very loyal and dedicated to BCFC. The big problem was appointing him full time- like we did with Tinnion. It was a poison chalice to both and totally the wrong decision.

Keith has gone on to have a really solid career and is very well respected in the game. I still really admire him.

My point is that I think Pembo is our new Keith Millen. Very similar in many ways.

I really hope that SL ensures that he keeps Pemberton at BCFC for as long as possible as the backbone of the coaching team- the continuity needed at any club and he's already been caretaker manager( twice) and worked with three different managers. It's the guys like this that make a big difference and hope BCFC realise his worth.

For me the infrastructure of the club is far different to the appointments you mention.  We now have the likes of Mark Ashton and Keith Burt who are  there to "run the business". Neither of Tinnion nor Millen had those luxuries even though many on here suggested that they could do with the help.

For me Millen and tinnion were the right people to employ but as with Johnson they should have gone away and "earned their stripes" with another club.

i will echo the sentiment with Pembo, however has he got the bug to be his own man with his tenure as caretaker?

Archived