IGNORED

The Ex's

KeithWelch'sTash

JET's shot nearly escaped the earth's atmosphere.  Other than that, and one little dribble, he did zilch.  It helped that a) our defence marked him well, knowing his game and b) he'd been at the pies.  Looked like he wished he was anywhere but there on the pitch.

As for the father of the Bristolian boy, I felt quite sorry for him, never saw the ball and must spend every day wondering what might have been.  Didn't react to some pretty heavy taunting and even clapped us at the end!

When will people finally realise that bar the odd piece of magic, there is a reason that no manager at Championship level has ever regarded JET as a regular fixture in their team. 

He is not good/consistent/fit enough to be a prolonged success at this level. 

Nice bloke, great (still inconsistent) at League One level, get over it and move on! 

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

When will people finally realise that bar the odd piece of magic, there is a reason that no manager at Championship level has ever regarded JET as a regular fixture in their team. 

He is not good/consistent/fit enough to be a prolonged success at this level. 

Nice bloke, great (still inconsistent) at League One level, get over it and move on! 

I just about have. Only very recently though.

Still given me some of the best moments of sublime football brilliance I've ever seen at BS3. Who can resist a penalty taken in slo-mo?

Memories are made of this and I've forgotten  so many  players who probably turned up more than Jet did.

JET could be a great player, he just seems to like coasting through games though. Given a free role behind a good striker he could be really good.... if, IF he could be bothered. It's a shame, but there again some people just don't have the drive, but on his day, he is a good player, a natural, it's just, he holds himself back so good days are few and far between.

As for Maynard - still think he is a good player - he had zero help from our team and still managed to create chances for himself, still think one of our best goals was his against QPR

Maynard when fit was one of the better forwards I've seen play for us. Was a shame how that planned out and the way he went about it.

JET will never amount to anything at this levell. He has his moments and helped us achieve our aim but thankful he didn't stay. It looks like his heart isn't fully in it. A shame as he could of been something special.

Some people will still see him as the messiah mind you.

5 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Maynard when fit was one of the better forwards I've seen play for us. Was a shame how that planned out and the way he went about it.

JET will never amount to anything at this levell. He has his moments and helped us achieve our aim but thankful he didn't stay. It looks like his heart isn't fully in it. A shame as he could of been something special.

Some people will still see him as the messiah mind you.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

JET could be a great player, he just seems to like coasting through games though. Given a free role behind a good striker he could be really good.... if, IF he could be bothered. It's a shame, but there again some people just don't have the drive, but on his day, he is a good player, a natural, it's just, he holds himself back so good days are few and far between.

As for Maynard - still think he is a good player - he had zero help from our team and still managed to create chances for himself, still think one of our best goals was his against QPR

He was an excellent finisher, in a pretty poor team, TBH.  He had ambitions beyond our reach, but as you say, the way he went about fulfilling them left a nasty taste.  He should have sought and taken better advice about how to go about it.  A bit of humility wouldn't have gone amiss.

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I just about have. Only very recently though.

Still given me some of the best moments of sublime football brilliance I've ever seen at BS3. Who can resist a penalty taken in slo-mo?

Memories are made of this and I've forgotten  so many  players who probably turned up more than Jet did.

Says it all when one of best moments a player has given you is a slo mo pen!!!!

Archived