IGNORED

Thoughts from MK

SecretSam

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It was a shame that the City fans were put up in the gods. I was listening on the radio and it seemed so quiet…bad decision by MKD. No doubt it was loud in the ground…:chant6ez:

Robinson asked for away fans to be put up high as he thought if down the bottom it gave the away an advantage ie noisier 

9 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It was a shame that the City fans were put up in the gods. I was listening on the radio and it seemed so quiet…bad decision by MKD. No doubt it was loud in the ground…:chant6ez:

Seems like a good decision by MKD - keep the away fans away from the action...so it sounds quiet, although it obviously didn't affect the result yesterday!

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

And there in lies the problem - will those in the West Stand want rowdy chanting away fans in their stand ?  Probably not, Dolman ? Nope, South Stand (now the Bristol South End stand) nope. We don;t really have any options... though we could perhaps push the fans back further from the pitch and erect some nice fencing, etc to stop sound moving towards the pitch and let it get lost / bounce into the air.... maybe pump some white noise over the tannoy at them.... um.. let me see what else I have in my little book of CIA tips...

'Now the Bristol South End Stand' - have I missed something?! When was this announced?

Why would we name a stand after our previous name? Can't imagine Man Utd would have a Newton Heath Stand?

Anyway from your post it seems the decision has already been made? I must have missed it, apologies...

7 hours ago, cynic said:

Reminds me of the old Sealand Road at Chester.

To get to the showers they had like a serving hatch in the wall - not a pretty sight following a gurt big centre back.

Cold water as well.

Worked for them....not.

I heard a certain rumour that when we played the gas in the JPT the away dressing rooms had been used as a urinal by a few of the younger players. The hot water was turned off against Cardiff when we played them in the snow that time too, all rumours of course.

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

'Now the Bristol South End Stand' - have I missed something?! When was this announced?

Why would we name a stand after our previous name? Can't imagine Man Utd would have a Newton Heath Stand?

Anyway from your post it seems the decision has already been made? I must have missed it, apologies...

You have not missed anything, just weird that if we are going for generic South Stand, then why not Bristol South End ? If Man Utd had a Newton Field Stand, and they could have called it/changed it to be a nod to their past would they ?

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's the thing, there's no logical solution. In my opinion a good place would have been Dolman A+B, this could have been arranged before the dolman refurb. Now this isn't possible due to the concourses and people won't want to move. In an ideal world though that's where I think would be best. 

I'd earmark the Atyeo either for a completely new stand (proper home end, no half arsed one like the south stand) one day / gut it, make it 1 tiered in it's current form with a view to safe standing if/when it's legalised.

Too late now, but that would work well in my opinion.

Whats wrong with the south stand as a proper home end? What would the south stand need to make it a "proper home end"?

15 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Whats wrong with the south stand as a proper home end? What would the south stand need to make it a "proper home end"?

In my opinion it just doesn't look right. The post of mine you quoted was an ideal scenario but the south stand wouldn't look like that.

I'd have made it more unique as less bowl like. A different height roof to the Dolman, and a division of the bowl so it looks more unique. It really is just in an ideal world, it's ok - just very bland. In my opinion the club had an opportunity to create a great looking stand to replace the EE but what's there is quite frankly a bit mediocre looking in my eyes.

16 hours ago, Fiale said:

And there in lies the problem - will those in the West Stand want rowdy chanting away fans in their stand ?  Probably not, Dolman ? Nope, South Stand (now the Bristol South End stand) nope. We don;t really have any options... though we could perhaps push the fans back further from the pitch and erect some nice fencing, etc to stop sound moving towards the pitch and let it get lost / bounce into the air.... maybe pump some white noise over the tannoy at them.... um.. let me see what else I have in my little book of CIA tips...

Or we could just play the Silent Dongs every week...

Archived