IGNORED

More bin idiocy

Aizoon

Coming back from holiday, I found an offensive little sticker on my black wheelie bin whining about food waste. When I examined the contents about which they were getting so upset, it turned out to be empty cat food sachets. Where exactly are we supposed to put these?

Despite the snooty little note, they are NOT suitable for the brown food recycling bin, as this specifically says NO PLASTIC.

They are non-recyclable plastic, so they are not suitable for the green bin.

They are not paper, so they are not suitable for the black bin.

Where precisely does the Council want us to put them?

It seems to me that the Council has much better things to do with its limited resources than harassing people who are doing their best to comply with its recycling policies.

9 minutes ago, Moloch said:

I think that the stickers were put on every bin (they seemed to be on our street) although a lot of people - me included- tore them off in a huff.

I don't think they were picking on you.r

Not so. They left the bag with the empty cat food sachets in the wheely bin. Idiots :grr: 

Whatever the colour of the bin, if you live in South Bristol, it all gets put on a ship to China.  The day that our waste gets disposed of correctly is the day that I will start recycling.  Until then, don't bother.  Don't believe what the council tells you, we don't recycle anything.

22 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

Whatever the colour of the bin, if you live in South Bristol, it all gets put on a ship to China.  The day that our waste gets disposed of correctly is the day that I will start recycling.  Until then, don't bother.  Don't believe what the council tells you, we don't recycle anything.

:source: 

8 hours ago, Aizoon said:

That'll do for me ;) 

Why not save a couple of weeks worth k of empty cat food packets, pop 'em into a jiffy bag and post it to 'City Hall' (God I hate the twit who chose that name!) . Enclose a request that the council forwards your post to China for you... They can pop it onto a slow boat to China -with the rest of our 'Green Capital City's waste! 

(Better still address the package to City Hall (arghh, did I mention I hate that bloody name for Our Council House..?) but post it via and C/O one of our local media companies - I'm sure they'd be interested in a scandal if they happen come across one... ;) )

52 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Why not save a couple of weeks worth k of empty cat food packets, pop 'em into a jiffy bag and post it to 'City Hall' (God I hate the twit who chose that name!) . Enclose a request that the council forwards your post to China for you... They can pop it onto a slow boat to China -with the rest of our 'Green Capital City's waste! 

(Better still address the package to City Hall (arghh, did I mention I hate that bloody name for Our Council House..?) but post it via and C/O one of our local media companies - I'm sure they'd be interested in a scandal if they happen come across one... ;) )

I tried sending an e-mail to the BP, but gave up in frustration. They don't seem to have a Letters e-mail address on their truly awful web page.

17 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

I tried sending an e-mail to the BP, but gave up in frustration. They don't seem to have a Letters e-mail address on their truly awful web page.

Vote 'out' in the EU referendum: lets take back control of our bin collections.

:protest:

Uncle TFR

22 hours ago, howey_ducky said:

Seriously is that true? What happens when it gets to China,does it get recycled there?

On 21 February 2016 at 18:45, Aizoon said:

Coming back from holiday, I found an offensive little sticker on my black wheelie bin whining about food waste. When I examined the contents about which they were getting so upset, it turned out to be empty cat food sachets. Where exactly are we supposed to put these?

Despite the snooty little note, they are NOT suitable for the brown food recycling bin, as this specifically says NO PLASTIC.

They are non-recyclable plastic, so they are not suitable for the green bin.

They are not paper, so they are not suitable for the black bin.

Where precisely does the Council want us to put them?

It seems to me that the Council has much better things to do with its limited resources than harassing people who are doing their best to comply with its recycling policies.

Easy solution. Get rid of the cat. 

34 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Seriously is that true? What happens when it gets to China,does it get recycled there?

Doubt it. 

Everything in my area is sorted prior to despatch. Might have different types of recyclable plastic in a load which would be sorted abroad though.

Archived