IGNORED

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Aston Villa u21's

SedRA

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

In all honesty, if you were Baker would you really want to go back to that circus? 

Sadly I don't think that's his choice to make...

Pretty sure they'll be very happy to have a player with a full season's Championship experience back there as no doubt their incredibly talented first team will think they deserve better...(!)

8 hours ago, Super said:

Hopefully that ***** Lescott played.

Never liked the public persona of this guy; often came across as thinking he was far better than he actually is. Of course that is something you could say of a lot of overpaid charlies these days.

On Garde; i will never, for the life of me, understand how this guy even had an interview for the job let alone got it. The Villa hierarchy have blundered so massively but like overpaid players how many times have we said that about club owners in recent years?! 

Can't believe this has made the news really. These games happen all the time behind close doors with the first team often getting beat. They aren't full bloodied 11 v 11 games. Just practice games where the 1st team will be trying out new things in a type of match situation. I don't know personally by the way, just what some ex pros have said. 

• Admin
15 hours ago, Super said:

Hopefully that ***** Lescott played.

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Never liked the public persona of this guy; often came across as thinking he was far better than he actually is. Of course that is something you could say of a lot of overpaid charlies these days.

He's a life long Villa fan - I believe this is now called Karma !

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Is this the point in the thread where I point out that Villa sounds phonetically like the Greek Cypriot slang term for pen.is?

No? OK then, I won't. ...

I'm sure I read that 'toshack' is Turkish slang for 'bollocks', or something similar, which I'm sure caused great mirth when John Toshack had a spell at Besiktas 20 odd years ago.....

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

On Garde; i will never, for the life of me, understand how this guy even had an interview for the job let alone got it. The Villa hierarchy have blundered so massively but like overpaid players how many times have we said that about club owners in recent years?! 

Klingons  are known for being aggressive. 

Here's photo of Lescott wearing a City tracksuit .

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Have I missed something on Lescott that makes him any more of a berk than your average Prem footballer? Genuine question - have I forgotten an obvious indiscretion or something?

20 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Have I missed something on Lescott that makes him any more of a berk than your average Prem footballer? Genuine question - have I forgotten an obvious indiscretion or something?

Very public twitter spat with Villa fans after the Liverpool game (I don't know too many sets of fans who would be happy with 0-6!)

During the drive home his phone managed to tweet a picture of his new car, some car buff can explain what it was, which really enraged the fans (rightly, after a 0-6). He then tweeted to say he didn't do it, it just happened whilst he was driving home (bloody difficult to post a pic on twitter without meaning to). Ray Wilkins also let it slip on talksport that JL has a driver, so that he can be comfortable after playing his heart out in a 0-6, presumably

What a complete and utter nob

7 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Can't believe this has made the news really. These games happen all the time behind close doors with the first team often getting beat. They aren't full bloodied 11 v 11 games. Just practice games where the 1st team will be trying out new things in a type of match situation. I don't know personally by the way, just what some ex pros have said. 

Couldn't agree more. Not news 

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Very public twitter spat with Villa fans after the Liverpool game (I don't know too many sets of fans who would be happy with 0-6!)

During the drive home his phone managed to tweet a picture of his new car, some car buff can explain what it was, which really enraged the fans (rightly, after a 0-6). He then tweeted to say he didn't do it, it just happened whilst he was driving home (bloody difficult to post a pic on twitter without meaning to). Ray Wilkins also let it slip on talksport that JL has a driver, so that he can be comfortable after playing his heart out in a 0-6, presumably

What a complete and utter nob

The lack of self awareness of some pro footballers is amazing! 

Archived