IGNORED

Player Physique?

Tomo

I would expect Wilbs to be carrying a little weight in view of his age but has anyone notice that Mark Little is looking a tad "tummy fied" albeit he has been in and out since the shoulder injury. Freeman also seems a little more bulky - is it the weights or are they simply not in trim ?

2 minutes ago, tomo said:

I would expect Wilbs to be carrying a little weight in view of his age but has anyone notice that Mark Little is looking a tad "tummy fied" albeit he has been in and out since the shoulder injury. Freeman also seems a little more bulky - is it the weights or are they simply not in trim ?

Saw Freeman at the gym I use - no way is he out of shape 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Little is definitely unfit. And I don't mean due to injury. He looks like he needs to be replaced 10 minutes into a game he looks so knackered.

I agree - he defo looks overweight compared to last season and significantly slower!

10 hours ago, nickolas said:

If i notice one thing, the better teams do all seem physically bigger and stronger than the majority of our players. 

I'm sure theres no lack of gym work but we always look physically inferior to the better teams. 

The smallest team in Europe for a number of years - Barcelona...................

11 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

No team we have had has been anywhere near as physically fit as the early Gary Johnson era promotion side. He really got our players into fantastic condition. 

Reckon Tomlins been on the pies myself. After all, it would take a pie eater to know a pie eater. 

Tomlin has always looked like that.  He's a stocky "badger" of a bloke.

What he does on the pitch relies on great close control and a sharp football brain. He doesn't need to be the best sprinter.

40 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Tomlin has always looked like that.  He's a stocky "badger" of a bloke.

What he does on the pitch relies on great close control and a sharp football brain. He doesn't need to be the best sprinter.

In his first home game when I saw him my first thought was 'I recalled him being fatter than that'... that's not saying he's svelte mind.

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

In his first home game when I saw him my first thought was 'I recalled him being fatter than that'... that's not saying he's svelte mind.

The build and sidies remind me of the Viz strip when Billy the Fish has temporarily retired from Fulchester United and immediately becomes a slightly paunchy pub landlord.

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Saw Freeman at the gym I use - no way is he out of shape 

Out of curiosity, and if Freeman (or any other player) is going to the gym in his free time that is commendable, why does he need to use an external, public gym when he (presumably) has access to a gym at both AG and Failand?

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Out of curiosity, and if Freeman (or any other player) is going to the gym in his free time that is commendable, why does he need to use an external, public gym when he (presumably) has access to a gym at both AG and Failand?

No totty at the Training Ground Phil ;)

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I see most of them in David Lloyd Gym at Ashton, I think the club has an agreement with the gym. Still see GJ, Jamie McAllister and Cotts in there too...

20 hours ago, tomo said:

When Benny took over from JW in 1998 he hard to start pre season training during the season as players were not fit. Players complaining about training twice a day as it disturbed their golfing. Players throwing up at training having been out in Birmingham all night. The Bristol City DNA.      

21 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it's the cut of the kit. There's no way Wilbraham would be able to play pro football at this level if he was in poor shape given his age. 

Yep, you could see that in the game v Walsall last season, when they wore it for the first time.

Joe's got Elliott Bennett's shirt...it's a medium...it's like a youths!  Seriously.

11 hours ago, Woodsy said:

That has to be a trick of the light on the Wilbs pic - he's in great shape

Freeman has certainly bulked up a lot from last season, but muscle. Give the lads some credit ffs

Wilbs is fit as a butchers dog.  Agree, trick of the light.

Do people seriously think that the sports scientists etc at the club would allow players to be overweight, notwithstanding players returning from injury etc.

Archived