IGNORED

Empty?

Bs4Red

I'm sorry and maybe people disagree but the mass exodus from the ground tonight was embarrassing. With 25+ minutes left, I don't care if we were 10-0 down the boys gave everything tonight and do every week. 

I'm by no means a 'happy clapper' it's just one thing I cannot stand. You wouldn't leave that early at 0-0 or if we were 4-0 so why? 

Tonight you missed 25 minutes of lovely football.....

by brighton :P

6 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I'm sorry and maybe people disagree but the mass exodus from the ground tonight was embarrassing. With 25+ minutes left, I don't care if we were 10-0 down the boys gave everything tonight and do every week. 

I'm by no means a 'happy clapper' it's just one thing I cannot stand. You wouldn't leave that early at 0-0 or if we were 4-0 so why? 

Haha. Tonight was the first time I've left early since Cardiff thrashed us 6-0 at home. Just felt we had no chance of getting back into the game plus factors like food, work and sleep. 

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Wow, if I'd known it meant that much to you I'd have definitely  stayed.

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Oh good. Let's never express an opinion on anything ever then.

??

I haven't denied you your right to an opinion. Just saying folks do what they want. It's up to each individual to make their own judgment of the game, the situation and whether they wanna stay of go. 

You are entitled to your opinion. And I to mine. 

This will always come up. After the 4th went in, (75 mins?) many many left,

I have not left early for years and years, but I took my neighbour aged 77 this evening (spare season ticket from a mate) and decided to go at that stage. In fact I suggested it - not him!

We are both city fanatics and both love the club since the age of 6 and 7! (70 years for him - and 39 years for me) - I can't see the problem. Everyone has the choice when to leave and I decided to do this tonight (it felt odd I must admit!). There was little to stay for and I am no less of a supporter than the ones that stayed and saw the penalty school boy debate. As I drove home, what was the first thing I was thinking? Wack Radio Bristol on, wack my computer on, log in to Player, come on the forum and try and word tomorrow morning's conversation with my 5 year old son who is also City Crazy!

Let fans do as they please on occasions!

People were leaving the Emirates tonight after around 85 minutes. Those people had paid the highest prices in football to watch the very best players on the planet in the game's most prestigious club competition - but their priority was still to get home a bit sooner.

A bit different to leaving a Championship match at 0-4, but a mentality I just cannot understand.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

??

I haven't denied you your right to an opinion. Just saying folks do what they want. It's up to each individual to make their own judgment of the game, the situation and whether they wanna stay of go. 

You are entitled to your opinion. And I to mine. 

It was a largely pointless, purposefully difficult and predictable response to the first post.

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why do so many people care what strangers do with their lives? 

Because they care what the team thinks, maybe? Loads complained bitterly about the disinterested team in 2012/13, rightly so. This team might lack quality, or experience, but not heart and effort. Pity some can't appreciate this

7 minutes ago, UK0wnag3 said:

Yes, they all missed Agard's penalty, and they hysterical laughter that followed.

And the squabble between him and our other masterful penalty taker Tomlin. He who scuffed the last one in at Charlton.

Time to put it to bed and look forward to Forest. And Cardiff.....

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

In the pub after the match there were a few people, who never normally leave early, who had left 5 minutes before the end. Just about sums up how bad it was 

One thinks one is thinking a little too much about it love. 

People will do what they want. Nothing will ever change that. I don't see the purpose of your disagreement? 

I'm losing track of OTIB now - is this an 'I Will Boo...' moment or a 'Superfan alert'?

BTW, I left during injury time just before Agards penalty, but then again I won't be home until after 2am, following a two hour train and 2 night buses - not sure if that's acceptable but I've got my cape on!

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

One thinks one is thinking a little too much about it love. 

People will do what they want. Nothing will ever change that. I don't see the purpose of your disagreement? 

What am I disagreeing about darling?

Personally I find it embarrassing, and before anyone jumps on me, we have very little control over what causes our embarrassment. This is not a theatre or a cinema where you are a customer, it is a club, and the actions of everyone can reflect that club and it's other members. People complain when city teams (not so much this one) show no fight when they themselves show no fight. If you can't deal with being 4-0 down on a chilly evening then maybe Bristol City is not for you. For me you have to endure the bad nights to really enjoy the good ones. 

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

This is not a theatre or a cinema where you are a customer, it is a club, and the actions of everyone can reflect that club and it's other members. 

But people pay to go and watch to be entertained. I do not call being spanked by Brighton being entertained. It's unpleasant to sit in the freezing cold watching something that is not only not entertaining, but is downright painful. Furthermore, leaving early offers a slight reduction in the pain of sitting in ridiculous traffic. 

Does it really affect the payers if a few thousand fans leave 15 minutes early? Is it embarrassing? If they're worried about fans leaving, I'd suggest they've got more important things to worry about. 

No matter what type of entertainment I'm partaking in, I'm going to stop it whenever it ceases to be entertaining. And that's why I can never fault anyone for leaving early. 

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

17 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Personally I find it embarrassing, and before anyone jumps on me, we have very little control over what causes our embarrassment. This is not a theatre or a cinema where you are a customer, it is a club, and the actions of everyone can reflect that club and it's other members. People complain when city teams (not so much this one) show no fight when they themselves show no fight. If you can't deal with being 4-0 down on a chilly evening then maybe Bristol City is not for you. For me you have to endure the bad nights to really enjoy the good ones. 

We can all deal with a defeat Jungle Man - (we all have), and we have all experienced far more crushing defeats than this evening!

Bristol City is not for me? Thanks for the advice but I will pass on that one. See you in the ground about 3.05pm, or having a refreshment around 3.43pm and you never know in 10 years I may see you sneeeeeeeeeking out at that odd game around 75 mins! Your day will come!

:laugh:

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

But people pay to go and watch to be entertained. I do not call being spanked by Brighton being entertained. It's unpleasant to sit in the freezing cold watching something that is not only not entertaining, but is downright painful. Furthermore, leaving early offers a slight reduction in the pain of sitting in ridiculous traffic. 

Does it really affect the payers if a few thousand fans leave 15 minutes early? Is it embarrassing? If they're worried about fans leaving, I'd suggest they've got more important things to worry about. 

No matter what type of entertainment I'm partaking in, I'm going to stop it whenever it ceases to be entertaining. And that's why I can never fault anyone for leaving early. 

This is it though. Some of my most entertaining times a football fan have come at the expense of losing. For me there are few better feelings at football than getting absolutely spanked but out singing the opposition. The Walsall fans who came down for the 8-2 were subject to an walloping but I tell you what, they just did not stop singing and being sarcastic and having fun. If it was just about the football then why come to a stadium? What makes live football so great is the ability to amuse ones self or even, heaven forbid, appreciate what the opposition are serving up. It might be for selfish motives but it is hard to muck about and make light of the situation when I had an entire row in the Atyeo to myself.

Archived