IGNORED

DWWWL

allyolly

15 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Yep, a hammer blow for MK that late equaliser. I guess a lot of us are taken aback by another four goal hammering. It's not that we didn't see us losing again, just to be so poor, so obviously second best, after recent successes and competent performances. It's sowed a seed of doubt or two, and the next game looks tougher now. Was it a blip, or the end of the revival? The not-knowing leads to a search for answers and explanations.

But we were using a third choice right back and a second choice centre back, against a top five team. No shock to lose that one. We need a reaction, as Brighton reacted to their four goal defeat at Cardiff. We - us wobblers and doubters - we'll get over it. I hope young Zac does too

Damn straight , look out Forest , the City's coming for you ! 

:boxing:

11 hours ago, NickJ said:

When I say performances, I mean entertainment from the game. Charlton was a poor game between on the day 2 poor sides. Milton Keynes was summed up by a Sky commentator who apparently said that if either team managed to string 4 passes together the ref should award them a goal. Birmingham was a tedious game with little excitement. Brighton was a funny one as we were not that poor and they were not that good, but overall it was a reasonably entertaining game. It sounds to me as though the only one of the last 5 I have missed, Ipswich, was the best game, but I cannot include that in my assessment as I did not see it.

One of the reasons I was supportive of SC was that after the tedium of life under SOD, if nothing else the games under SC were entertaining. Many fans would take scrappy 1-0 wins, I would rather see an entertaining game and hope that its City that get the result.

Did you actually see th MK game? We were better than them in every department. I have seen some entertaining losses this season. Birmingham, Brentford, Burnley at home. I much prefer supposedly boring performances where we stifle the opposition and then hit them on the break like we did v MK. I don't care that we didn't pass the ball around, we've done that all season to little effect. There are no points for style, 

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 22:10, redfieldred said:

Did you actually see th MK game? We were better than them in every department. I have seen some entertaining losses this season. Birmingham, Brentford, Burnley at home. I much prefer supposedly boring performances where we stifle the opposition and then hit them on the break like we did v MK. I don't care that we didn't pass the ball around, we've done that all season to little effect. There are no points for style, 

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 22:18, redfieldred said:

It's always the same on Otib, when we are losing the team gets slagged for losing with everyone saying why can't we win ugly. As soon as we start doing that the moaning about 'boring' football starts. 

I would refer you to the final sentence of my post which you responded to:

Many fans would take scrappy 1-0 wins, I would rather see an entertaining game and hope that its City that get the result.

Its a forum, different views.

14 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I would refer you to the final sentence of my post which you responded to:

Many fans would take scrappy 1-0 wins, I would rather see an entertaining game and hope that its City that get the result.

Its a forum, different views.

Your comment about the performance at MK Dons was nonsense. I didn't hear what the man from Sky said. I was there watching it with my own eyes.

Perhaps not flowing football with lots of finesse but far better than any old stuff that SC managed to serve up.

There were plenty of occasions when passes were strung together and we certainly deserved the win that day - not simply because MK Dons were poor, but because we were significantly better - than them and better than we'd been many times this season.

Charlton on the other hand was a poor game, won only by a scuffed penalty.

So what though? Looking better now under LJ than it ever did under SC.

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Your comment about the performance at MK Dons was nonsense. I didn't hear what the man from Sky said. I was there watching it with my own eyes.

Perhaps not flowing football with lots of finesse but far better than any old stuff that SC managed to serve up.

There were plenty of occasions when passes were strung together and we certainly deserved the win that day - not simply because MK Dons were poor, but because we were significantly better - than them and better than we'd been many times this season.

Charlton on the other hand was a poor game, won only by a scuffed penalty.

So what though? Looking better now under LJ than it ever did under SC.

The penalty wasn't scuffed. Very cleanly hit infact, which is what took it past the keeper.

Archived