IGNORED

Thank You City Fans and BCFC

ApplePress

Not sure of the etiquette around this post so if the Mods want to move it to another area please do.

My wife, myself and friends were at the match (Brighton) last night collecting for the charity Women V Cancer. There are 3 main cancer charities linked together, Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.

Bristol City fans gave a generous £676.30 on the night. So a big thank you to all the Reds !!

My wife Debbie and 2 friends Liz and Justine are undertaking a couple of events on behalf of Women V Cancer.  The first is Ride The Night a women only sponsored 100km bike ride taking place during the night around London. And the second is a 350-400km bike ride across 3 national parks in Tanzania, starting in the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro and finishing at the impressive Ngorongoro Crater.

All of the ladies have experienced cancer is some form and they want to give something back to all those organisations and especially the people who cared.

Once again a big thanks to the City fans and of course BCFC for allowing us to collect on the night, they were both fantastic.

3 minutes ago, ApplePress said:

Not sure of the etiquette around this post so if the Mods want to move it to another area please do.

My wife, myself and friends were at the match (Brighton) last night collecting for the charity Women V Cancer. There are 3 main cancer charities linked together, Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.

Bristol City fans gave a generous £676.30 on the night. So a big thank you to all the Reds !!

My wife Debbie and 2 friends Liz and Justine are undertaking a couple of events on behalf of Women V Cancer.  The first is Ride The Night a women only sponsored 100km bike ride taking place during the night around London. And the second is a 350-400km bike ride across 3 national parks in Tanzania, starting in the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro and finishing at the impressive Ngorongoro Crater.

All of the ladies have experienced cancer is some form and they want to give something back to all those organisations and especially the people who cared.

Once again a big thanks to the City fans and of course BCFC for allowing us to collect on the night, they were both fantastic.

High-viz vest & red hat? :ph34r: 

We missed your singing last night!

Good luck to Debbie & co…

I'll pin this to the top of the forum for you in the hope that more people will see it. We get a lot of requests for publicity for collections but very little feedback so it's nice to see, so thank-you for the thank-you and good luck with your quests. 

• The topic was pinned

Hi, I hope this post will be allowed, it's quite relevant.

I volunteer for a charity and we help raise funds for other charities. More info can be found here www.newfoundfriends.co.uk

Here is a few videos of the dogs in action 

Here is our patron Sharon Davies giving more details about the work that we do.

Some of you may have seen us in action at the Bristol Harbour Festival where we perform each year.

We often hold regular events at Portished Marina where people can be sponsored to be rescued by the dogs for a nominated charity.

We are always looking for other charities who we can work with to raise money at events such as the regular local ones at Portished. If anyone is involved in a charity, or currently raising money for a charity please contact us on the email on our site. It really is a fun (but sometimes cold) way to raise money for your charity.

Last year we raised 30k at an event at Canary Wharf for Fare Share UK.

We also often take the dogs on visits to schools, Hospices etc where they really do put a smile on people's faces.

If we can help anyone in anyway or if anyone can help us then please do contact us.

Thank you.

J

• The topic was unpinned

Archived