IGNORED

How'd you see the Forest game panning out?

reddogkev

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've never really understood why fans and the media look at recent records...the turnaround of players and managers is so regular and quick that records just don't matter, it will be a different 11 versus a different 11 in most cases.

If it was exactly the same team against exactly the same team year after year and we never won then I'd be concerned, but records just don't matter when the players ain't the same....

I also agree with this. Previous matches at the same stadium with entirely different playing staff and management are of no significance whatsoever. As for "bogey sides", that's just coincidence and the law of averages; if there are maybe 20-30 teams you play on a regular basis, statistically speaking there will likely be 1 or 2 teams in that group that you hardly ever beat.

Ultimately what will decide the game will be the footballing ability and tactics of the two respective teams, with the random element of luck thrown in.

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've never really understood why fans and the media look at recent records...the turnaround of players and managers is so regular and quick that records just don't matter, it will be a different 11 versus a different 11 in most cases.

If it was exactly the same team against exactly the same team year after year and we never won then I'd be concerned, but records just don't matter when the players ain't the same....

We've won 3 of the last 4 meetings, so hopefully any perceived hoodo they have over us, is on the way out.

On 25 February 2016 at 21:11, JonDolman said:

we need to sort out the right back position. I reckon the best option is probably Bryan to play there till Ayling returns. 

Can't agree with this at all.

Bryan's performance at left back against Leeds was one of the worst I've seen from a City player this season; the concept he could do a better job on the opposite side and on his wrong foot is beyond me.

He is not defensively sound enough at this level for that role; needs to be playing as an attacking player or not at all.

55 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I blame the ref for that, shocking stuff.  There was only meant to be 4 minutes of extra time.

Feel absolutely robbed.

Too right. And they watered the pitch at half time, disgraceful! And the linesman missed the handball in the build up to the goal, where do they get these officials from?

Think that about covers it.

2 hours ago, samo II said:

Can't agree with this at all.

Bryan's performance at left back against Leeds was one of the worst I've seen from a City player this season; the concept he could do a better job on the opposite side and on his wrong foot is beyond me.

He is not defensively sound enough at this level for that role; needs to be playing as an attacking player or not at all.

Ha ha, thought exactly the same.  

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Did not see the Leeds game but fair enough. Can't think of any better options. Little has been unfit all season and has been a liability at right back.

Little isn't a liability; certainly not since we shifted to a back four - the facts are that we've conceded just three times in the five games he's played, and four in the times he wasn't on the pitch during that run (the Leeds game, and the first 60 minutes of Brighton).

It's an frequently repeated, but little backed up claim.  It's a shame Vyner was so effectively singled out and his inexperience exploited by Brighton on Tuesday, but saying instead of bringing back in Little, playing a left footed winger who was ruthlessly exposed by a limited Leeds team played on his stronger foot is a better option isn't something I can get on board with.  Might as well play Agard there.

Even Wagstaff would be a better option than Bryan; I'd even say Williams, based on what I've seen from him this season.  But please Lord; keep Bryan out of the defence.  He's much better attacking player.

Archived