IGNORED

Supporting Kodjia

redsince66

Haven't been able to post on here for the last week or so, but our performance against Brighton just sums up this season and shows we need to get someone to take the weight off of Kodjia's shoulders, and it needs to be someone who wants to be here. Adomah, Baldock, anyone we KNOW can do it and can also be the big player in the big games!

I thought Tomlin had an off day but could be good for JK, he gets his head up looks for runners andhas a good touch. He couldn't seem to make the space Tuesday but Kodjia has started making those runs again, JB is getting back to his best and if Freeman starts passing earlier we could have all the support JK needs in place already.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought Tomlin had an off day but could be good for JK, he gets his head up looks for runners andhas a good touch. He couldn't seem to make the space Tuesday but Kodjia has started making those runs again, JB is getting back to his best and if Freeman starts passing earlier we could have all the support JK needs in place already.

Why was JB subbed?  can't see anything about it here.  Was he nursing an injury and taken off as a precaution because of the Forest game?

10 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Why was JB subbed?  can't see anything about it here.  Was he nursing an injury and taken off as a precaution because of the Forest game?

No, LJ somewhat strangely took him off first as a tactical move and put Tomlin out wide.

I do worry about substitutions being based on seniority, because although bizarrely given man of the match, Freeman could just have easily been the one coming off.

20 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yep as GrahamC said , tactical. I think he came of as he was least senior player ,  to go to a more standard 4-4-2. Could have been any of Tomlin,Freeman or Bryan, he certainly was no worse than the others. 

1 hour ago, redsince66 said:

Haven't been able to post on here for the last week or so, but our performance against Brighton just sums up this season and shows we need to get someone to take the weight off of Kodjia's shoulders, and it needs to be someone who wants to be here. Adomah, Baldock, anyone we KNOW can do it and can also be the big player in the big games!

Adomah isn't a striker though? Baldock's goal scoring record at championship level is average at best and why would he drop from a promotion push to a relegation fight? I find it a bit of a worry that LJ doesn't want to upset the group by adding a new face. Also feel as though we could do with Gladwin being fit.

17 hours ago, Olympian said:

The women in Talinn are kind of old and they're from Ukraine anyway. Also I always had a soft spot for Forest since they defeated who never should've been as much as even close to a European final.

Sorry Olympian, but how do you know this, have you ever been to Tallinn or Ukraine?   I can tell you that there are plenty of young Estonian women and a lot of them are very good looking, slim and tall.  Their ancestors are not from Ukraine and never have been, some are of Russian decent and even Danish or Swedish, but certainly not Ukrainian.

8 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Sorry Olympian, but how do you know this, have you ever been to Tallinn or Ukraine?   I can tell you that there are plenty of young Estonian women and a lot of them are very good looking, slim and tall.  Their ancestors are not from Ukraine and never have been, some are of Russian decent and even Danish or Swedish, but certainly not Ukrainian.

I've been to Tallinn, I'm with this man

Some absolute corkers over there

17 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Yep as GrahamC said , tactical. I think he came of as he was least senior player ,  to go to a more standard 4-4-2. Could have been any of Tomlin,Freeman or Bryan, he certainly was no worse than the others. 

Technically at that stage of the match Vyner was the least senior player but you're right, I thought Bryan was having a good game, would have taken Tomlin off instead.

Archived