IGNORED

Fulham Away - Help

ollywhyte

5 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Does anyone think I can realistically get from Craven Cottage to Victoria Coach Station for a coach departing at 6pm after the game. What would be my best route, tube, bus, taxi or speed walk?? 

Putney Bridge to Victoria is 20mins on the tube, including walking to the tube then too the coach I think you're looking at 40-50mins personally. 

Cutting it a bit fine in my opinion.

Living in Plymouth is my problem haha, makes these trips far more expensive! For Charlton away we went by megabus, MK Dons I went by train, then supporters coach getting back at about midnight after leaving at 5am. I'll work something out, don't mind driving as an option but have only had my license little over a month! Not got a lot of money to spend as I'm only 20, so cost is the defining factor really!!!

If I walk from Craven Cottage to Hammersmith Tube Station (1.5 miles) it looks a fairly straight forward route for a brisk walk! Then catch the direct line from their to Victoria Tube Station (15-20 minute journey) I should be fine, I think...

Don't know if it is worth the risk, think its the only way I can realistically go!!

5 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

If I walk from Craven Cottage to Hammersmith Tube Station (1.5 miles) it looks a fairly straight forward route for a brisk walk! Then catch the direct line from their to Victoria Tube Station (15-20 minute journey) I should be fine, I think...

Don't know if it is worth the risk, think its the only way I can realistically go!!

You will be fine as long as there are no hold ups on the trains.  You can always jump in an Uber if you are cutting it fine.

(I live in LDN)

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Does anyone think I can realistically get from Craven Cottage to Victoria Coach Station for a coach departing at 6pm after the game. What would be my best route, tube, bus, taxi or speed walk?? 

Any reason why you are getting the 6pm coach back, if you can get a later coach you can go into London and get something to eat etc and not be in a rush, that's what I'm doing (yes, you are all safe, not on CATS breakdown this time!). Personally I wouldn't chance it, it's probably just about do-able but you will have to know the area and the stations well, any time lost looking directions would be time lost.

and yes, I was at Fulham just after Xmas, they do leave before the end to get to the tube (it's quite a hike in the dark through the park), but they dont leave en masse like the bigger Arsenal crowd do!

51 minutes ago, RedM said:

Any reason why you are getting the 6pm coach back, if you can get a later coach you can go into London and get something to eat etc and not be in a rush, that's what I'm doing (yes, you are all safe, not on CATS breakdown this time!). Personally I wouldn't chance it, it's probably just about do-able but you will have to know the area and the stations well, any time lost looking directions would be time lost.

and yes, I was at Fulham just after Xmas, they do leave before the end to get to the tube (it's quite a hike in the dark through the park), but they dont leave en masse like the bigger Arsenal crowd do!

Would be a good option definetely, although next coach appears to be at 2330hrs!

6 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Would be a good option definetely, although next coach appears to be at 2330hrs!

Victoria can be a nightmare and so it can take a fair bit of time to get from the tube to the coach station. If I were you I would probably leave slightly early if that coach is your only option.

Archived