IGNORED

Reuben Reid?

redsince66

One of my closest mates has been to Plymouth recently with the family and apparently overheard a man saying that Reid could be joining City in a B&Q. Don't know if there's any truth in it though, he is a bit of a joker. I think this would be a great signing as a bit of pace and strength could help Kodjia up top. I say this a lot but what we need is goals to get out of relegation - and a lot of them!

4 hours ago, redsince66 said:

overheard a man saying that Reid could be joining City in a B&Q.

Is this a way of maximising off-field income?

I have to say that I hope not. This isn't the kneejerk negativity that seems to attach to every potential new signing but comes from knowing several Plymouth fans.

Reid is a donkey, misses vast amounts of decent chances and only gets the goals that he does because of the good midfield sat behind him that keeps supplying him with chance after chance. League 2 is absolutely his level, he would be ridiculously out of place in the Championship.

43 minutes ago, TinnionForEngland said:

I used to play upfront with Reuben, one thing he doesn't have anymore is pace, he was linked with the gas recently and that is far more realistic now to be honest.

Interesting, now I know almost nothing of this Reuben Reid fella, but which team did the two of you play for?

From the bits and pieces I've seen of him, he doesn't look like he's got the ability for The Championship.  I'd be interested to see how he does at Leage One....that might be the extent of his ability.  Most of his goals have come at League Two level.  At 27, I can't see him being a realistic option for us.

what is B&Q (in this context)?

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From the bits and pieces I've seen of him, he doesn't look like he's got the ability for The Championship.  I'd be interested to see how he does at Leage One....that might be the extent of his ability.  Most of his goals have come at League Two level.  At 27, I can't see him being a realistic option for us.

what is B&Q (in this context)?

We have a sponsorship deal with B&Q whereby all new players, as part of their signing on fee, are allowed to select DIY goods up to the value of £500 from the B&Q store as a house-warming gift from the club.  The club gets a decent discount, 20% IIRC. In order to help them with purchase choice (Luke Ayling for example has a very good eye for a decent step ladder), transporting the goods (Marlon Pack has a pick-up which comes in very useful), and to generally make them feel at home in their new club and new city most of the existing squad will turn out on the day.

7 hours ago, redsince66 said:

One of my closest mates has been to Plymouth recently with the family and apparently overheard a man saying that Reid could be joining City in a B&Q. Don't know if there's any truth in it though, he is a bit of a joker. I think this would be a great signing as a bit of pace and strength could help Kodjia up top. I say this a lot but what we need is goals to get out of relegation - and a lot of them!

That would be a quirky press conference - new signing unveiled in DIY store...can just see it, as he puts pen to paper, SL cavorts in the background with a City scarf held aloft over his head while Mable from Hengrove enquires as to the whereabouts of long life 9v batteries.....

8 hours ago, redsince66 said:

If he's coming up to Bristol, can you ask him to pick up a curtain pole and a tin of white gloss. thanks.

No regards to Nelson I'm quite excited/intrigued to see who is partnering Flint next season. Baker is great but I'm not sure if he'll take a hefty wage cut, Nelson from Plymouth would be excellent. Egan from Gillingham would be a great one too. Alfie Mawson from Barnsley would be my preference though, would compliment Flint's no nonsense defending perfectly.  

Archived