IGNORED

Jonathan Kodjia

Londoner

Considering he went a very long spell without a goal if he can get 15 it's a decent first season. If he gets 20 it's excellent. 

With hard work over the summer and good additions to the ten/squad, he could be capable of 25 a season at this level. 

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Considering he went a very long spell without a goal if he can get 15 it's a decent first season. If he gets 20 it's excellent. 

With hard work over the summer and good additions to the ten/squad, he could be capable of 25 a season at this level. 

15 goals this season would be significantly better than "decent" imo

37 minutes ago, Londoner said:

15 goals this season would be significantly better than "decent" imo

I mean from where he is now. At the start of the season we'd all have been very pleased with 15 goals from an unknown lower league striker from abroad. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If he does get 20 and has prem clubs chasing him then you can be certain that Lansdown will only accept at least double or even treble what he was bought for. Which would not be bad for someone that will be 27. I don't see anyone being after him in the prem though.

If that was the case then yes. If McCormack, Afobe and Rhodes were sold for silly money, then why not Kodjia.

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Will he be here next year ??

That's the way Kivsy, true OTIB style.  We have had far to much optimism on here on the last couple of weeks.

On a serious note, I doubt if even he could answer that at this stage of the season so I would be amazed if anyone on here could?

7 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

That's the way Kivsy, true OTIB style.  We have had far to much optimism on here on the last couple of weeks.

On a serious note, I doubt if even he could answer that at this stage of the season so I would be amazed if anyone on here could?

3 years left on contract would suggest he would be hard to prize away.

Personally wouldn't accept anything under 6/7 million!!

He looks a very wise purchase.

£2 million for a 15 goal striker at this level (and I am confident that he'll make that figure if he stays fit) is well below market rate.

Of the four players with more goals that him, two moved for fees in excess of £10 million (McCormack and Hernandez), while Gray also cost serious money, and I'm not sure about Judge.

Ultimately; he's a massive assets to us, and long may he stay so.

He's been outstanding throughout the duration of this season. To get the return he has got in a (for a long time) struggling side in his first season in a foreign country is testament to his ability and hard work. A lot of the time he was left making chances for himself too.

Will only get better, especially if we can bring in another quality addition to go alongside him next year.

That's to say if he's still here, as we'll do well to keep him in the summer. But he gives off the impression that he's happy here.

Well done, Jimmy.

First time I saw him at Yeovil, I was convinced he had something about him....and nothing's changed.

i've been a big backer of him during his quieter spells on the goal front, but strikers aren't all about goals, even if that is what we mainly judge them on.

From that game at Yeovil, I saw someone who could create his own chances, as well as someone who could spot a pass for a better placed teammate.  Yes, he's had games where's he's been too greedy, but ultimately a striker will be.  He's also got that edge, not afraid to put his foot in, 6 yellows, tells you he's no saint.

In a team that hasn't scored that many (relatively) he has done exceptionally well.  13 (12 in league) is a fine effort.

15 league goals in 45 starts, assuming he plays every game is very achievable, 17 or 18 not unreasonable either.

....and he can get better as he gets used to this country.

6 hours ago, Londoner said:

Joint 5th top scorer in the league....

Well done to him and he will only get better!!! I think those doubting him were slightly premature.

Delighted on his contribution so far this season....could he get 20??

He's actually joint 6th top scorer with Forestieri (behind Gray, Hernandez, McCormack, Judge and Wells) but it's still a great effort in his first season. He can only get better.

13 goals in 36 games (league and cup) in his first season, and in a team that overall have not scored many is fantastic work.

My hope is we are already looking around for a 'foil' to play alongside him (if we manage to stay up, of course), as not only could this see him improve his tally next year, but because after the impression he's making this season, his card will be marked next campaign, so will need someone else to distract and exploit defences.

I may be too positive for the prospects of the academy lads, but part of me hopes we can get a good enough cushion in place to allow one or two of our young forwards a run out towards the end of the season, to see if they might be options for next year (and that is not forgetting Wes, who I hope is still here and pushing for a starting spot next season).

Archived