IGNORED

Player ratings?

gordie

3 hours ago, gordie said:

Any feedback from those that were there today on how each player played, I'm particularly interested how Bobby Reid did as I was a little critical of him on another post saying he needed to step his game up, hopefully he proved me wrong today!!

From the radio it sounded like Bryan and Freeman (bar his dreadful finishing) had particularly strong games in the midfield and Pack was very solid throughout. They must have been aware of the need to up their games to compensate for Smith being out, and Bryan in particular seems to have been a revelation. 

Bobby Reid if anything seemed to have the least notable game of the midfielders, with a number of comments about him losing the ball and wayward passing, however he obviously didn't let anyone down today and surely played his part in a great team performance and a vital win. With stamina previously being an issue for him I was impressed, for instance, to see he still had the legs to be roaming up field and presenting Wagstaff with a shooting opportunity in the last minute of normal time.

But perhaps it was a case of a weak and demoralised Forest midfield allowing ours to play and look good?

Either way,the radio commentary is notorious for giving wrong impressions, over hyping some players etc., and the ratings from someone who was there will indeed be interesting.

Archived