IGNORED

Marcus Rashford...the new Federico Macheda?

SecretSam

Only time will tell & I guess it also depends on whether Mourinho (or whoever else) gets the Utd job & then decides to spend £50m plus on a new striker without even giving him a chance so he won't get the game time.

Is he really going to keep Martial / Rooney out of the first team?

Is Rooney still going to be at the club?

There are a lot of if's & but's & as I said in my starting point, only time will tell.

It remains to be seen but it has to be said that it's far easier to imagine a striker who wasn't up to standard getting 1 goal in his first two appearances than it is to get 2 goals and that certainly wasn't the only positive aspect of Rashford's game on Saturday.  He's now 1 goal short of matching Macheda's total for the club in only two appearances and looks a much better prospect than Macheda did at the same time point.  But a lot can happen and we shouldn't get carried away.  But my guess is that if his attitude is good and he works hard then he will prove to be, at least, a Premier League quality striker.

Can't really say after 2 games. Looks very quick, tall and good eye for goal/positioning. Hopefully his start will mean he gets regular game time/sub appearances to further his career. Seen a couple of interviews and he seems quite humble so could have a good attitude and not think he's better than he is?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blah blah blah ......

'DISCUSS'

Do you think we are students doing course work and you are the teacher ?

Sorry Sam but - Possibly the most irritating of things that can be put in original posts

:gaah:

The most infuriating things that can be put in original posts...

Discuss

2 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

He'll be ahead of Wilson in pecking order now. Done more I. 2 games than Wilson has done in a while. Rashford is almost a carbon copy of martial but more central and has better special awareness. It's early but looking very promising

I don't know. If Wilson hadn't wanted to play and stayed, I think he'd be ahead of Rashford. We've seen the adjustment period for new players. Look at Kodjia, brilliant start then defenders got to know him and got more film of him. It's a good start but he will be marked and hit just that little bit harder now. We will see how he responds. 

Also to the other post about at Preston, that was Will Keane who LVG apparently likes quite a bit but hasn't really played him. As far as Wilson at Brighton, he's had his moments but seems he's used as an impact sub for a very good team. He's still learning his trade and I'm still quite sure he'll be ahead of anyone not named Rooney and Martial. 

Federico who? Is that the guy who is at Cardiff and who's career has sort of fizzled out? I assume i am very much mistaken. We should be comparing Rashford to proper decent players like Messi; although too early to compare Rashford to Messi. However, if Messi keeps working hard and scoring then he can reach Rashford's level. ;)

On 29/02/2016 at 20:19, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blah blah blah ......

'DISCUSS'

Do you think we are students doing course work and you are the teacher ?

Sorry Sam but - Possibly the most irritating of things that can be put in original posts

:gaah:

In which case, that's a big fat "E" for you :(

Archived