IGNORED

Season Ticket Upgrade

Foxy

Usually I'm a reader and not a poster on this forum but felt aggrieved sufficiently to post tonight. 

My son and I are season ticket holders in the South Stand but recently he's got a weekend job so can't attend matches on a Saturday.    I rang the ticket office today to upgrade his U19 ticket to allow a mate to go to the Cardiff game instead. I'd done this for the Leeds game and paid £12.70 i.e.the difference between the adult and U19 season ticket price per game.

I was annoyed to find that I was asked to pay £29.70 so for an upgrade I would have to pay the full ticket price less my son's season ticket value. I challenged this but was told is was correct and that I couldn't upgrade to the adult season ticket price. My mate is a Forever Bristol member and if he bought this ticket this way would get a better price.

Whilst I accept season tickets are not transferable, it is really disappointing that there has been a change to the position earlier on in the season. The net effect is that the seat will now be empty and the club had lost out on match day revenue for any food and drink we would have bought.

I have email David Lloyd to express my dismay at this stance and advice that it smacks of greed and commercial naivety that I would be asked to pay full price for my son's season ticket to be used. No reply to date.

Why was it only £12.70 v Leeds?

I had to upgrade a friend's son's ticket for the Brighton game, cost me £30.67....as I couldn't go without Joe.  I understand why, but I think in this scenario you should at least get the £5 FB discount.  They make a big fuss that ST holders are also FB members too!

I also gave my wheelchair and Carer solace back to the club to sell on, so it wasn't as if I was trying to just get another cheap ticket!  I do wonder what would happen if I just went to my normal seat without Joe?  

Archived