IGNORED

LJ Press conference for Cardiff..

WsM-Red

The lowdown from the head coach's pre-match briefing with the press.

Lee Johnson met the media ahead of Saturday's Severnside derby clash with Cardiff City at Ashton Gate (12noon).

Here's what the head coach had to say.

- Korey Smith is rated 50/50 for the weekend. Midfielder is currently in a protective boot but Johnson aims to test him tomorrow on the training pitches

- Luke Ayling is progressing well and in contention, while Mark Little is fully over his niggly injuries

- Arnold Garita is recovering well after knee surgery

- Johnson excited for Severnside derby, saying: "It has an edge...it's aggressive."

- Head coach recalls: "I've had good and bad moments in this fixture. I remember my dad tripping (Michael) Chopra. I also scored in a 3-0 win...a 40-yard tap-in."

- Johnson says Cardiff have "Premier League quality" players and praises job Russell Slade has done there

- Head coach feels both teams are in good form and predicts a tight encounter

- City boss adds: "I'm sure the crowd will be whipped up...right up for it."

- Johnson insists: "We're not looking at the teams below us like a Jack Russell snapping at our heels. We're looking above us."

- Johnson says lack of recruitment isn't because results have been good

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/johnsons-cardiff-city-press-conference-2986243.aspx#wtpzkeE6BpGcDst2.99 

What does this mean?

10 minutes ago, WsM-Red said:

The lowdown from the head coach's pre-match briefing with the press.

Lee Johnson met the media ahead of Saturday's Severnside derby clash with Cardiff City at Ashton Gate (12noon).

Here's what the head coach had to say.

- Korey Smith is rated 50/50 for the weekend. Midfielder is currently in a protective boot but Johnson aims to test him tomorrow on the training pitches

- Luke Ayling is progressing well and in contention, while Mark Little is fully over his niggly injuries

- Arnold Garita is recovering well after knee surgery

- Johnson excited for Severnside derby, saying: "It has an edge...it's aggressive."

- Head coach recalls: "I've had good and bad moments in this fixture. I remember my dad tripping (Michael) Chopra. I also scored in a 3-0 win...a 40-yard tap-in."

- Johnson says Cardiff have "Premier League quality" players and praises job Russell Slade has done there

- Head coach feels both teams are in good form and predicts a tight encounter

- City boss adds: "I'm sure the crowd will be whipped up...right up for it."

- Johnson insists: "We're not looking at the teams below us like a Jack Russell snapping at our heels. We're looking above us."

- Johnson says lack of recruitment isn't because results have been good

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/johnsons-cardiff-city-press-conference-2986243.aspx#wtpzkeE6BpGcDst2.99 

What does this mean?

In my opinion he is saying that he is still considering / working on bringing players in and that we aren't taking for granted the results we have had recently? I think it is just him recognising that there is still need to bolster the squad before the loan window closes.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Good to see Lukey back.

quote from LJ;

“He’s 100 per cent in contention. He’s looked good and he’s an infectious, bubbly character to have around the place.

“Obviously we know of his quality and he’ll be pushing for that right-back spot, or even a midfield one.”

There were calls to play him in midfield under Cotts, so would be interesting to see who gets out in if Korey doesn't make it.

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

quote from LJ;

“He’s 100 per cent in contention. He’s looked good and he’s an infectious, bubbly character to have around the place.

“Obviously we know of his quality and he’ll be pushing for that right-back spot, or even a midfield one.”

There were calls to play him in midfield under Cotts, so would be interesting to see who gets out in if Korey doesn't make it.

I imagine JB will play there as he was superb against forest.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

I imagine JB will play there as he was superb against forest.

Most likely (I wasn't at Forest, but heard he had a great game).

Depends how tight LJ wants us to be, JB at left wing and Ayling centre mid would be a more defensive minded approach, as Tomlin won't track back as well on the left.

19 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Spoke a lot about Bobby Reid and how he rates him. 

So that will be interpreted as "talking him up to get a price for him in the summer" by those who have decided he is not good enough and will be leaving.

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So that will be interpreted as "talking him up to get a price for him in the summer" by those who have decided he is not good enough and will be leaving.

Agreed :facepalm:

There's no way he will be leaving, and I'd be surprised if Burns went too. We already have a tiny squad, we can't really afford to let guys go along with the loan players returning to their parent clubs next season. Otherwise it's going to be a very busy summer :yawn:

Archived