IGNORED

Sympathy for Chris Brunt

BobBobSuperBob

Always a player I've liked and always seems a decent pro who gives what he can for club and country

Out for 6 months and possibly his only chance of playing in a major tournament

A coin in the face from one of his own fans and a substantial injury a few days later

Lad doesn't deserve it 

Hope you back soon fella and Northern Ireland make Russia in two years time

26 minutes ago, shelts said:

Brunty good solid pro decent left peg on him. Treated terribly by his own fans and fate. I fear it maybe touch n go if he has another tournament in him. Good luck pal . 

Fans? one bloke wasn't it?

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Always a player I've liked and always seems a decent pro who gives what he can for club and country

Out for 6 months and possibly his only chance of playing in a major tournament

A coin in the face from one of his own fans and a substantial injury a few days later

Lad doesn't deserve it 

Hope you back soon fella and Northern Ireland make Russia in two years time

Is he not one on the long list of Premier League mercenaries who lacks desire though? ;-)

The injury thing is unfortunate and sad, but it's happened to plenty of other players - didn't Pavel Nedved miss out on an international tournament due to injury (what a player he was...)?

The coin thing, though, was an absolute disgrace. 

6 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

The injury thing is unfortunate and sad, but it's happened to plenty of other players - didn't Pavel Nedved miss out on an international tournament due to injury (what a player he was...)?

The coin thing, though, was an absolute disgrace. 

Neved played in his fair share of tournaments though. He was Defo in Euro 96 and I remember him 2004 against the Dutch where he was awesome. He may have missed out on the World Cup? One of the best of that era.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Life's tough for highly paid premier footballers.  I'll save my sympathy for someone else. Get over it. 

Our players are paid very well would you have no sympathy if one of ours missed a big tournament?

6 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

was he the one who smashed a ball into a fans face in the Dolman years ago whilst playing for Sheff Weds?

Yes. I was sat in the ateyo at the time and he needlessly belted it into the crowd. It was near the end of the game and they were 4-0 at the time (I think?). 

I do believe the person on the end of it was an elderly lady who ended up in hospital. 

4 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Yes. I was sat in the ateyo at the time and he needlessly belted it into the crowd. It was near the end of the game and they were 4-0 at the time (I think?). 

I do believe the person on the end of it was an elderly lady who ended up in hospital. 

thought it was a young un with his dad

14 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

May well have been. 

I was sat in the Dolman at the time and it happened right in front of me. It struck a middle-aged man square in the face as he was walking out with a young girl (his daughter?) who was clearly distressed by the whole situation. If I remember rightly, we were well beaten by this point (possibly the 4-1 loss we suffered in the late 00s) and it was moving into stoppage time. Completely needless and he didn't even come over to apologise or see if the guy was alright. Always had a dislike for him since then, and struggled to feel any sympathy for him for anything. Having said that, no player should be coined by anybody, least of all his own fans. Especially when he was going to apologise and give his shirt to a young fan.

8 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

I was sat in the Dolman at the time and it happened right in front of me. It struck a middle-aged man square in the face as he was walking out with a young girl (his daughter?) who was clearly distressed by the whole situation. If I remember rightly, we were well beaten by this point (possibly the 4-1 loss we suffered in the late 00s) and it was moving into stoppage time. Completely needless and he didn't even come over to apologise or see if the guy was alright. Always had a dislike for him since then, and struggled to feel any sympathy for him for anything. Having said that, no player should be coined by anybody, least of all his own fans. Especially when he was going to apologise and give his shirt to a young fan.

definetly 2004

34 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, was it an elderly lady as indicated by reformed_reda young un with his dad as indicated by archie andrews or a  middle-aged man accompanied by a young girl, as indicated by Ben4BCFC?

More than ten years ago. Isn't it funny how one's memory can play tricks.

Or the Reverend Green - in the Library - with a Candlestick   ? 

Archived