IGNORED

Your City away colours

JM91

Your City away colours  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not really one which could drum up much debate, but i'm interested in what away kit colours you think are the "traditional" city away kit colours or the ones you feel are the most suited to City.  

My uncle and cousin were debating this with my uncle adament that white/black were city's traditional away colours while cousin was positive that purple and lime was more closely linked to our identity.  For me, I've always considered yellow and green to be the away colours of choice, but when i think back feel like black kits have been the most common.  

That's a brave post mate! Could generate emotions akin to the Robin on the badge argument!

To me, our traditional away colours are white shirts, black shorts and black socks.

The purple/lime was/is a gimmick, got nothing to do with our history and is only favoured because we beat Liverpool away wearing it. If we'd been stuffed that night we'd never have seen it again...

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The purple/lime was/is a gimmick, got nothing to do with our history and is only favoured because we beat Liverpool away wearing it. If we'd been stuffed that night we'd never have seen it again...

I tend to agree, but it did outsell the white/black one significantly last season.  they were effectively the same kit just in different colours too!  

I guess it now also has the benefit of being associated with both Anfield and our double winning season!

Ahhh. The yellow uhlsport Sanderson recruitment shirt with green collar was amazing, a very nice shirt. 

As alluded to previously in this thread, did we also have a dark green one like that?? I think we did and I owned one but can't find a pic

Love this white one too.. Size of that badge!

image.jpg

image.jpg

13 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Ahhh. The yellow uhlsport Sanderson recruitment shirt with green collar was amazing, a very nice shirt. 

As alluded to previously in this thread, did we also have a dark green one like that?? I think we did and I owned one but can't find a pic

image.jpg

image.jpg

I`m sat here wearing it as I type!

49 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I still play five a side in my yellow Sanderson shirt. Not just a nice kit but bloody well made as well 

23 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

If I could buy that grey nibor one id be a very happy man

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's was actually black and pre dates a time when you were allowed black kits - it was just an odd one that the shop sold for a while. I had one when I was at secondary school - think it was circa 1994 

White and Black for me.....Tom Ritchie, Paul Cheesley style.

But I actually like the current Black top, green shorts and stockings (why are they stockings rather than socks?).  

Why however do the club sell the away kit with black shorts and purple stockings?  They socks are poor quality.

54 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The size of the badge on that white shirt!

1 hour ago, Fjmcity said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

just found a old one that fits again & been wearing it to matches lately...happy days

I'm definitely in the white shirts, black shorts and black socks camp.

The pictures on this thread have brought back memories of some real shockers. That "champagne" (or whatever they called it) kit from the season when GJ replaced Tinman was also pretty horrific.

13 minutes ago, Offside said:

I'm definitely in the white shirts, black shorts and black socks camp.

The pictures on this thread have brought back memories of some real shockers. That "champagne" (or whatever they called it) kit from the season when GJ replaced Tinman was also pretty horrific.

That wins worst ever City shirt. Hands down! Absolutely hideous. 

Archived