IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Jesus that was worrying. Cardiff were bang average yet they comfortably took the 3 points. Their cb's looked shakey to me but we couldnt explout it. Still loads of work to do.

We are still work in progress, and generally are being shown up by the better sides who are highlighting our weaknesses. Just need to stay up this year, and still on track for that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Powderpuff is putting it mildly. Looks like a little boy playing against men. 

I was trying to be nice as theres too many on here who think he's good enough. He wouldnt stand out if he played for Manor Farm. Just because you're bristolian doesnt mean you have a place in the team. 

If you're good enough you're old enough. Poor bobby simply isnt good enough. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Diabolical performance. Seems like the team believe (like some fans) that we have survived this season and that's enough! 

Game was played in defence and attack, with Baker & Flint heading/kicking aimlessly towards our strikers who couldn't do anything with it. Just poor all around! 

If you're implying a lack of effort, that is not the issue and never has been with this side.

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I like Ayling, and he's a good ball playing defender. But is he switched on? Not enough for me, and he's actually quite inconsistent at this level. 

Hmmm I'm not sure. He's very confident on the ball and is happy to bring it out from the back. Head up always. I don't think he's defensively the best, but for me he's miles ahead of Little.

I appreciate Littles pace, but end product is poor and he never fully looks in control of it, or like he's made up his mind where he's going. Theres a clear difference in his end product this season compared to last because of the quality he's now facing.

Back to your original post - a dynamic striker to play with Kodjia, and a midfielder that does creatively what Korey does defensively is top of my list. This is the minimum requirement for me. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Oh well its still early, they've got plenty of time to get mashed before heading home.

I see BCS liked your post.

I just wonder whether he realised your use of the word 'mashed' was in reference to the swedes: I suspect he assumed you meant smashed, i.e. they would have time for a few drinks before going home. 

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you're implying a lack of effort, that is not the issue and never has been with this side.

I don't think any City player gave their all today compared to recent games. I would say only Goldbourne and Freeman possibly would get 7/10 today and that's being generous 

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I see BCS liked your post.

I just wonder whether he realised your use of the word 'mashed' was in reference to the swedes: I suspect he assumed you meant smashed, i.e. they would have time for a few drinks before going home. . I'm happy for his comment though.

You are right. I'm happy with the comment though.

Edited by bristolcitysweden
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Hmmm I'm not sure. He's very confident on the ball and is happy to bring it out from the back. Head up always. I don't think he's defensively the best, but for me he's miles ahead of Little.

I appreciate Littles pace, but end product is poor and he never fully looks in control of it, or like he's made up his mind where he's going. Theres a clear difference in his end product this season compared to last because of the quality he's now facing.

Back to your original post - a dynamic striker to play with Kodjia, and a midfielder that does creatively what Korey does defensively is top of my list. This is the minimum requirement for me. 

Also, a rocket up Luke Freeman's arse from Johnson this Summer wouldn't go amiss. He plays week in, week out yet hasn't offered anything in the way of goals and open play assists this season. For the amount of time he spends in the final third of the pitch, this frankly isn't good enough!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Also, a rocket up Luke Freeman's arse from Johnson this Summer wouldn't go amiss. He plays week in, week out yet hasn't offered anything in the way of goals and open play assists this season. For the amount of time he spends in the final third of the pitch, this frankly isn't good enough!

Without lighting the Freeman debate fuse, I couldn't agree more!

Needs to simplify his game. One touch stuff. Pass and move. Step overs when 40 yards out are for the playground. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Without lighting the Freeman debate fuse, I couldn't agree more!

Needs to simplify his game. One touch stuff. Pass and move. Step overs when 40 yards out are for the playground. 

Difficult to comment off the biased radio, but they were also making some comments about Kodjia needing to keep it simple, often beating the same player two or three times. Well beaten today, but still thinks it comes down more to the creativity of our midfield than our strikers alone. The best ones in the world need some service!

Edited by cityexile
3 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I see no-one has mentioned the numerous times Kodjia could have played the easy ball or first time pass, but then decided to do another turn on the ball and envaribly get worse off..... 

Kodj was dire today, the amount of times he got in decent positions and then started faffing around with the ball..

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Condensed Version

Cardiff

Best things out of Wales are Cerys Matthews, Katherine Jenkins and M4 eastbound.

Havana in on of my favourite places. Beach Bar in KL is good craic old mate

I will be checking that out tomorrow squire thanks.

Edited by havanatopia