IGNORED

Any hope of a signing

hortonred

I hope we are doing all we can to bring someone in who might pose a goal threat. I think I have read LJ saying that whoever we bring must be better than what we have.Well if we can't get someone in on loan who is better than Agard or Wilbraham at scoring goals  then heaven help us.

Everyone patted themselves on the back after the transfer window shut, even though one of our key objectives had not been achieved and our squad was still short on numbers, since then

Burns goes out on loan, no signing.

Gladwin gets injured, no signing.

El-Abd goes out on loan, no new signing

Smith is injured, no new signing.

Today, our eight point cushion has a been reduced to five, surely action is required. NOW.

Having to rely on some players who are not up to it is not a good thing. Gladwin going back wasn't ideal as he would have at the very least provided an injection from the bench. LJ doesn't have a creative option from the bench to change games. I think we need at least one in hopefully two though to help us over the line. Just not worth taking the risk.

46 minutes ago, Dave said:

Everyone patted themselves on the back after the transfer window shut, even though one of our key objectives had not been achieved and our squad was still short on numbers, since then

Burns goes out on loan, no signing.

Gladwin gets injured, no signing.

El-Abd goes out on loan, no new signing

Smith is injured, no new signing.

Today, our eight point cushion has a been reduced to five, surely action is required. NOW.

You are one cheery Dave. 

2 hours ago, hortonred said:

I hope we are doing all we can to bring someone in who might pose a goal threat. I think I have read LJ saying that whoever we bring must be better than what we have.Well if we can't get someone in on loan who is better than Agard or Wilbraham at scoring goals  then heaven help us.

Who do you suggest 

First off it is pretty obvious we can do with another player (or two), today's 18 were all the senior players we had available.

However we need to be realistic, who is likely to be available? Someone from an U21 side somewhere or someone who has been told that he no longer features in a manager's plans, hardly inspiring.

Think we can recall Wes if we want to after next week, if we can't get another loan in then we might have to...

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

First off it is pretty obvious we can do with another player (or two), today's 18 were all the senior players we had available.

However we need to be realistic, who is likely to be available? Someone from an U21 side somewhere or someone who has been told that he no longer features in a manager's plans, hardly inspiring.

Think we can recall Wes if we want to after next week, if we can't get another loan in then we might have to...

All we need now is people to start suggesting Matt Smith again....

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

You are one cheery Dave. 

All season we have operated on a minimum squad. This has been shown to be unable to cope with three games in a week, a few times already this season.

I am just concerned that the new regime is in danger of repeating the mistakes of the previous manager.

We were advised that LJ had a lot of contacts, we have seen no evidence of this so far.

13 minutes ago, Dave said:

All season we have operated on a minimum squad. This has been shown to be unable to cope with three games in a week, a few times already this season.

I am just concerned that the new regime is in danger of repeating the mistakes of the previous manager.

We were advised that LJ had a lot of contacts, we have seen no evidence of this so far.

When could he have been tested, with the 1 loan spot we have left?! Should we panic fill that?! 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

How many loan slots do we have left? Is it one , or with Gladwin going back does that open another one. We have to pay his wages but as it's an injury does the loan still count.

I think the rule is that we can sign as many loan deals as we want but we can only have 5 in the match day squad.

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who do you suggest 

I have no suggestions I am afraid.But rather hoped the people paid to do this job like Burt / LJ / what scouts we have, might have an idea of who is out there and how badly needed this type of player is for our Championship survival.

4 minutes ago, hortonred said:

I have no suggestions I am afraid.But rather hoped the people paid to do this job like Burt / LJ / what scouts we have, might have an idea of who is out there and how badly needed this type of player is for our Championship survival.

Now lj is in charge I should imagine they will be,if cotts was still in charge I don't think they would be looking at anybody 

So where is LJ's experience? He has not proved anything as a coach yet, I really hope he keeps us up but the board have taken a big gamble in his appointment. Hasn't filled me with confidence as yet and I hope I am wrong but can see another season of struggle if we do stay up.

4 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Mat smith by next weekend

So a club, as close to the relegation positions, are going to offer a possible advantage to a "relegation rival", as they might see it.

What is the clamour for City to sign a striker? They have enough in the locker to stay up. The bottom 4 are going to feel the pressure, they will each faulter, game by game. 3rd bottom will be between Rotherham and MK. Why develop another teams forward when team finishing 7th starts in the Championship the following season, just the same as the one finishing 21st. 

Let Wes develop at Fleetwood, JK at City etc and let the club develop, evolve for next season.

4 minutes ago, John Galley said:

So where is LJ's experience? He has not proved anything as a coach yet, I really hope he keeps us up but the board have taken a big gamble in his appointment. Hasn't filled me with confidence as yet and I hope I am wrong but can see another season of struggle if we do stay up.

WTGR, surely the first goal is to stay up?

once that is achieved, the perception of City is a surviving Championship club, at worst. The signing of Mark Ashton is that he gets the signings we want completed? Previous efforts prove they know who they want but Golbourne, Tomlin etc were signed without the coveted football leader ( see what I did there!?)

2 minutes ago, Aldan2010 said:

So a club, as close to the relegation positions, are going to offer a possible advantage to a "relegation rival", as they might see it.

What is the clamour for City to sign a striker? They have enough in the locker to stay up. The bottom 4 are going to feel the pressure, they will each faulter, game by game. 3rd bottom will be between Rotherham and MK. Why develop another teams forward when team finishing 7th starts in the Championship the following season, just the same as the one finishing 21st. 

Let Wes develop at Fleetwood, JK at City etc and let the club develop, evolve for next season.

It comes from not wanting to just squeak up , it would be nice to get it done early by winning games and at the moment we can be a little toothless.

I agree with most of the rest , but we have one striker worthy of the name and he could sometimes do with a ball of his own to play with. I don't know who or from where but JK could do with some help up top. 5 points can be made up easily , if we lost the next 3 games we would be in serious trouble and 2 away games and a home game Vs a close rival are not guaranteed 3 points. Just as easily we could draw at Wolves, beat Fulham and Bolton and we'd be laughing. That run would be easier with forward options.

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It comes from not wanting to just squeak up , it would be nice to get it done early by winning games and at the moment we can be a little toothless.

I agree with most of the rest , but we have one striker worthy of the name and he could sometimes do with a ball of his own to play with. I don't know who or from where but JK could do with some help up top. 5 points can be made up easily , if we lost the next 3 games we would be in serious trouble and 2 away games and a home game Vs a close rival are not guaranteed 3 points. Just as easily we could draw at Wolves, beat Fulham and Bolton and we'd be laughing. That run would be easier with forward options.

Great post, totally agree with the sentiment, but the clamour was when City were in bottom 3 and this is not necessary.

Maybe as fans our mindset is about the worry of dropping points, when our goal is to gain i.e. Draw, is 1 gained not 2 dropped!? Too long in last 30 years spent in 3rd tier, affecting judgment?

The equivalent of a draw per game and City are safe.  Just hold me accountable if we are not!...... 

Archived