IGNORED

Target maximum points on next three games.

Flagon

So we have Wolves, Fulham, Bolton. We must target maximum points on these three sides. Two of these sides have conceded even more than us with Wolves not far behind, albeit all three have scored more than us. 

Nine points from that would surely put Bolton and Charlton out the picture as far as us is concerned. That leaves Rotherham who we play at home after playing Hull away. Could a result against Rotherham assuming we got those other three make us safe do you think?

Let's face it our last few home games have been pretty tough. These next three represent a very realistic chance to get some much needed points maybe in quick succession. 

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Now I'm optimistic, but to think we could collect 9 points is borderline insanity!

At best I reckon the results will go:

D / D / W.

But I wouldn't be surprised if one of those draws was a loss.

More realistic I think. If we got 4, we`d have 41 with 8 games left so ought to still be OK. Even 3 wouldn`t be a disaster.

Hang on, we're 21st and targeting a minimum of 9 from 9 including two away games? 

Frankly we're in the driving seat and our 'needed' form can be determined by those around us. Even drawing with Bolton could be a good result seeing as it's another game chalked down during which they can gain no points on us - other results dependent. 

And there's the crux, other results dependent. 

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Bare minimum is a draw against Fulham and beat Bolton. Anything from Wolves would be a bonus. This would take us to 41 points with 8 games to go. Probably only 4 or 5 more points required then.

Very much my thinking.

If we can get 3 points on either Tuesday against Wolves or Saturday at Fulham, and nab a win against Bolton, then looking at games the other clubs around us have, I don't think we'll be any closer to the relation zone than we are now.

But even just a point against Fulham if they are level with or have less points than us when we play would be a big deal; keeping them close to the fight is important going into single figure games left.

Let's also not forget Huddersfield; indifferent form and just two points ahead of us and Fulham, plus they still have to play most of the top six, interspersed with trips to ourselves and Rotherham.  I think they are safe, but we still may finish above them.

Was actually looking at our fixtures earlier, and thought the next five were a key run.

Wolves, Fulham, Bolton, then Hull, Rotherham.

That is three of the teams around us in the next five. Would take seven points from that lot, which would then see us on 44 points, with six to go. The home games against Bolton and Rotherham will both be tough, but see no reason why we cannot do that.

Looks like Brentford could be the team that slides into the bottom 3.

Although being 6 points above us they seem to be in freefall.

If Rotherham,Mk keep picking up points we might need another team to join the scrap.

Funny being a fan after Forest 8 points clear no sweat, after today panics setting in again!!!

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Was actually looking at our fixtures earlier, and thought the next five were a key run.

Wolves, Fulham, Bolton, then Hull, Rotherham.

That is three of the teams around us in the next five. Would take seven points from that lot, which would then see us on 44 points, with six to go. The home games against Bolton and Rotherham will both be tough, but see no reason why we cannot do that.

Exactly. I am being optimistic but hoping we can repeat what we did in February where we beat Charlton, Ipswich, MK Dons, lost to Brighton, beat Forest. Not easy, but not too unrealistic I think. Add in the Warnock factor where we always provide him with a nice welcome and we might just rekindle a bit of atmosphere.

Archived