IGNORED

just get some goals in

where's the joy

After a weekend where we chased shadows for a couple of minutes giving Cardiff 2 easy goals and considering we have conceded the joint 4th highest amount of goals in the league I think our problems are elsewhere. Defenders keep you in games. I will accept we have scored the second least amount in the league but we also have one of the top 8 goal scorers in the league. This is about midfield not chipping in enough with goals and our defence conceding to easily.

Wait guys, lets not knock the op, he's right, if we  get a goalscorer into the club (who is fit) and a clean-sheet goalkeeper (presumably fit) we could walk this league... lets do this !! Leave a note for LJ.    BTW any rules on the minimum number of players on the pitch ? A squad of 2 would save the club a fortune.

Make-it-happen.jpg

Why does this thread keep reappearing like each OP has had an epiphany? Do we have that many fans who think this is both a novel and reasonable view point? 

Yes we could do with a striker, everyone and their dog knows we can do with a striker. Not seen one suggestion. 

In the manner of Robbored

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

young fit capable players are playing for under 21's at most premiership clubs. LJ needs to use his contact list to land one and quickly

or sit back and watch us lose our way till the seasons end.

its not going to be matt smith, that ship has sailed, but there has to be a james wilson (man u to brighton) type at one of the big clubs

Our previous manager, caretaker manager and current manager have failed to find us a goal scorer other than Kodja. Myself I would like to see a partner for the Frenchman and play two up top. Tomlin is a nice player but a massive luxury considering our circumstances. Maybe the answer is simple and in the club already. Our business should've been done in the window. 

1 hour ago, where's the joy said:

young fit capable players are playing for under 21's at most premiership clubs. LJ needs to use his contact list to land one and quickly

or sit back and watch us lose our way till the seasons end.

its not going to be matt smith, that ship has sailed, but there has to be a james wilson (man u to brighton) type at one of the big clubs

I agree.  Let's sign 12 and then run X Factor type auditions by giving them 30 minutes each in our next four league games.  We could then do an online poll for the best and play him up front for the last 7 games. 

Obviously it would probably mean leaving Tomlin or Kodjia on the bench but sod it, roll that dice. 

Im with you on this one.  Cracking idea.  Why don't more teams do this?  Cos they don't have clever dicks like me and you as fans, that's why.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

If our midfield chipped in we would be fine (hell even if they supplied some service/assists) - that's are main problem. If the midfield were 2-4 goals a season players we would be comfortable.

Agree. If I was a Championship midfielder who hadn't scored between 2-4 in a season, I better had made at least 8-10 assists, otherwise I'm gonna have a truly depressing Summer looking in the mirror. 

17 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently Strikers R Us have a two for one sale on at the moment. Go for it LJ.

Sorry that was last weeks deal. This week's offer  is buy a striker and get a right back free. Seeing we've already got a right back in I think it's pointless taking this offer up!

16 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Wilbs has scored twice as many goals as Wilson this season and Agard has scored the same amount.:shifty::whistle:

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

Wilbs has scored twice as many goals as Wilson this season and Agard has scored the same amount.:shifty::whistle:

And he's already at Brighton, like most first team ready strikers from Premier League youth/reserve teams who would make a difference for us.

Would love it if we could unearth someone to help us in the run in, but realistically there probably aren't any about who'd make an immediate impact.

Even the likes of Traore and Rasford are making first teams at the moment, as most of the top sides are utilising their squads in order to cover suspensions, injuries and the fact many are in multiple competitions.

It isn't an ideal situation, but think the strike force we have now is the strike force we'll have for the run in, and we just have to hope Kodjia's form keeps up, and we start getting goals from elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Redtone said:

Wait until Winnall has played at Wembley (no player this close will want to move when they can at least play there once) and go in for a loan option to sign in the summer.

So leaving aside the fact that Barnsley are now in with a very realistic chance of making the playoffs, meaning there is absolutely zero prospect of them loaning out their top scorer, the JPT final also takes place (I believe) after the loan window closes, so can you see any other flaws in this plan?

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So leaving aside the fact that Barnsley are now in with a very realistic chance of making the playoffs, meaning there is absolutely zero prospect of them loaning out their top scorer, the JPT final also takes place (I believe) after the loan window closes, so can you see any other flaws in this plan?

Cool just what I wanted, someone to knock my comment. 

I feel so special now 

Archived