IGNORED

Shanghai's offer for Rooney

Lrrr

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/wayne-rooney-reveals-in-phone-call-that-he-received-world-record-offer-from-club-last-summer-070316

Yes not the most reliable source however if what Morgan has been quoted saying is true, Shanghai were willing to offer Rooney £641,000 a week on a 3 year deal which would have seen him earn £100,000,000!

Sickening amount of money! :shutup:

I wouldn't see the point in him leaving, doubt he's got crazy business plans he wants to fund. He should try to break Charlton's man united record and Shilton's England record. If Man U stop playing him I could see him going back to Everton. He doesn't need the money he can retire now.

I still cant see what Rooney possesses to be touted for these kind of figures. A thug whos goalscoring record has been in decline for some years. 

The fact hes got the english all time scoring record is unbelievable to me. I can think of other strikers who got near who were far better strikers!

and dont get me started on him being england captain!!

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I still cant see what Rooney possesses to be touted for these kind of figures. A thug whos goalscoring record has been in decline for some years. 

The fact hes got the english all time scoring record is unbelievable to me. I can think of other strikers who got near who were far better strikers!

The potential to sell an awful lot of shirts with his name on the back.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The potential to sell an awful lot of shirts with his name on the back.

That will be a big part of any offer he may receive from China. I can see him going at some point if the offer is right, he is hugely in decline and I would not take him to France if I was in charge of England, but I guarantee, if fit, he will go and will start every game. Which is such as shame for England as with Kane and Vardy you have two very good attacking options, that offer different things but are both very effective.

16 minutes ago, ojjy said:

Any player going to China is only going for one thing.. Money.  I say let the greedy players go.. It'll mainly be the foreigners who leave anyway and it might actually allow room for some of the youngsters (ideally British) to come through.!

It's exactly the same as here, only reason players come to England is for the money!

As long as people are willing to pay the enormous sums of money quoted in this article then players are going to take it. 

Just have a think about it, emotion aside for one minute..... if you were being offered £100M salary for 2/3 years work - would you seriously tell me that at the very least you wouldn't think about it? 

I don't blame the players for taking the money, blame the people paying it in the first place. 

13 hours ago, nickolas said:

About him being England captain..I know!...for me he wouldn't be in the starting eleven,let alone captain.overrated at best.

45 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Maybe it's just me, but how much money do these thick-as-mince players need, and what do they spend it on? You can only buy so many Overfinch Range Rovers and games rooms in their McMansions.

It's not just a matter of 'they have all they need', it's about keeping score...how much do they get compared to others. To think of all the good they could do in the communities from which they come with that kind of cash...especially some of the foreign players.

1 minute ago, marshy said:

It's not just a matter of 'they have all they need', it's about keeping score...how much do they get compared to others. To think of all the good they could do in the communities from which they come with that kind of cash...especially some of the foreign players.

To be fair, some of the foreign players do, even that tranny looking tart Ronaldo.

46 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Maybe it's just me, but how much money do these thick-as-mince players need, and what do they spend it on? You can only buy so many Overfinch Range Rovers and games rooms in their McMansions.

Fools are soon parted from their hard-earned though, no matter what level - you only have to read the McIndoe Ponzi scheme reports and the film-rights tax avoidance schemes to realise how easy prey they are. Gullible, greedy or just badly advised, I'd be earning as much as possible from dwindling talent as I could. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Fools are soon parted from their hard-earned though, no matter what level - you only have to read the McIndoe Ponzi scheme reports and the film-rights tax avoidance schemes to realise how easy prey they are. Gullible, greedy or just badly advised, I'd be earning as much as possible from dwindling talent as I could. 

Greedy and thick as bricks.

15 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

It's exactly the same as here, only reason players come to England is for the money!

Got to disagree, there mate. A little. Klinsmann, for example, was attracted by the pay at Tottenham, yes, but also the history. History in football is a big thing. Klopp is another here because of Liverpool's history, as well as the pay. But then there are those that just follow the money.

Which league will billions around the world watch on subscription tv - the new, loaded Chinese one, or ours?

16 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

But the quality of football is a hell of a lot better here and at least players can look to improve their careers.  

In China it's a poor standard of football but they're paying stupid amounts to greedy players who let's be honest don't give a damn about their careers.

Completely different in my eyes.

7 hours ago, ojjy said:

But the quality of football is a hell of a lot better here and at least players can look to improve their careers.  

In China it's a poor standard of football but they're paying stupid amounts to greedy players who let's be honest don't give a damn about their careers.

Completely different in my eyes.

The thing is, all these Chinese billionaires would buy clubs in England or Europe if they were allowed to, but the Chinese government/rules don't allow them to take their money out of China.

So the same amount of stupid money would go to greedy players here if it was possible, It's basically a rich mans plaything in China, exactly what the Premier league is to most of the owners here.

China will be highly interesting. Its a new paradigm this...usually in these kinda Leagues its players right at the end but they are signing some quite significant players,some of them in peak years. Its political, idea is to grow the game in China in a MAJOR and bring in big stars as a starting point to really spark interest in domestic league, get the NT going etc. All helps with their status as a new rising global power.

Archived