IGNORED

West Ham Season Tickets...

BS4 on Tour...

Talking to a Hammers fan in the local, he's bought an adult season ticket for next season in their new Olympic Stadium for £150 - and they've apparently sold 30,000 season tickets already and the corporate hospitality, boxes etc are all already sold out for every game next season too.

All down to sensible pricing - in the current climate that is an admirable stance from an established premier league club...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It's 54k now but they are looking to increase it to 60k...

Still, they have to find about another 20k fans to fill the thing. It's also easier to do that when you're getting a butt-load of cash from Sky next year. Not that I don't think it's a good thing that you can get a £150 season ticket for a Premier League team

32 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Fair play they have priced the to sell. The trick will be keeping them as they can't sustain that price

Fair play to them?!!

They're paying £15M towards a £272M stadium conversion.  And have negotiated an annual rent of £2.5M.

This after receiving £76M for finishing 12th in the Premiership last season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33780720

It's nothing short of a scandal.  I would like to know when all the other football league clubs will be gifted a £700M stadium.  There was such total desperation to get a regular tenant for the Olympic Stadium that the taxpayer is now picking up another massive bill.

I was a huge fan of London 2012 but this is all wrong.  No wonder they can sell cheap season tickets - they could actually afford to give them away.  I don't usually wish bad fortune on a club but if they get relegated, I'll enjoy it.

19 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Fair play to them?!!

They're paying £15M towards a £272M stadium conversion.  And have negotiated an annual rent of £2.5M.

It's nothing short of a scandal.  I would like to know when all the other football league clubs will be gifted a £700M stadium.  There was such total desperation to get a regular tenant for the Olympic Stadium that the taxpayer is now picking up another massive bill.

I was a huge fan of London 2012 but this is all wrong.  No wonder they can sell cheap season tickets - they could actually afford to give them away.  I don't usually wish bad fortune on a club but if they get relegated, I'll enjoy it.

Woah I was referring to the season ticket prices which is what the thread was about the rest stinks and I signed the online petition if that helps. 

2 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Woah I was referring to the season ticket prices which is what the thread was about the rest stinks and I signed the online petition if that helps. 

Sorry - wasn't having a go at your post.  I just want people to know why West Ham are being so 'generous' with their season ticket prices.  I can't understand how they've been allowed to get away with it and then throw it back out there as if they're the good guys.

1 hour ago, twodogs said:

Fair play they have priced the to sell. The trick will be keeping them as they can't sustain that price

I read that most premier league  teams need zero fans through the gate to easily survive now

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Talking to a Hammers fan in the local, he's bought an adult season ticket for next season in their new Olympic Stadium for £150 - and they've apparently sold 30,000 season tickets already and the corporate hospitality, boxes etc are all already sold out for every game next season too.

All down to sensible pricing - in the current climate that is an admirable stance from an established premier league club...

If this is true it'll be the end of Leyton Orient. On the face of it it's a good thing but if Prem clubs are going to use Sky money to undercut League clubs then I would predict loads of clubs going to the wall....

Premiership clubs don't give a shit about Championship or below. Although a few of them might as they cherry pick talent. The man utds and Chelsea's of this world wouldnt recognise young talent if it bit them on the arse.

10 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Premiership clubs don't give a shit about Championship or below. Although a few of them might as they cherry pick talent. The man utds and Chelsea's of this world wouldnt recognise young talent if it bit them on the arse.

Bit harsh on Man U - they have always allowed young players to come through their ranks to the first team - look at how many of their homegrown youngsters were on the pitch at the end of their recent game v Arsenal...

The problem with this deal is that it creates yet another team who effectively can't get relegated unless they really mismanage their situation.  Such a low rent for such a big stadium that was basically given to them gives them a huge competitive advantage over most middle-sized teams.  And it's not as if Upton Park was small or particularly dated.

But don't worry, BCFC will continue to follow the FFP rules because it would be wrong for a team to gain an unfair advantage on such a level playing field....

14 minutes ago, twodogs said:

And neither would we if we were up there.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

Fair play to them?!!

Whilst I agree that the deal is outrageous and terrible value for the taxpayer, is it West Ham's fault that they were able to negotiate such a good deal for themselves?

Surely the blame lies with the government for poor post-games legacy planning?

What Stats? United are playing kids because they have to. How much has van Gaal spent on players 250million? That doesnt smack of playing the kids first does it?

Anyway this is digressing from the thread completely.Happy to have a pm debate but its not massively relevant to us.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Whilst I agree that the deal is outrageous and terrible value for the taxpayer, is it West Ham's fault that they were able to negotiate such a good deal for themselves?

Surely the blame lies with the government for poor post-games legacy planning?

I'm sure every single league club is out for the themselves and would take any gift if offered.  BCFC wouldn't be any different in that respect.

West Ham were the obvious tenants for the Olympic Stadium and it's important that it gets regular use (20+ times per year).  But, they seem to have benefited disproportionately well out of this deal.

The issue of money making it from the top division down through the rest of the league structure is an even bigger issue.  The Premier League clubs should not be allowed to retain the enormous sums of money they receive from television rights.  A greater proportion should be fed down to the Football League, non-league and grass roots - for the health of the game.

2 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I'm sure every single league club is out for the themselves and would take any gift if offered.  BCFC wouldn't be any different in that respect.

West Ham were the obvious tenants for the Olympic Stadium and it's important that it gets regular use (20+ times per year).  But, they seem to have benefited disproportionately well out of this deal.

The issue of money making it from the top division down through the rest of the league structure is an even bigger issue.  The Premier League clubs should not be allowed to retain the enormous sums of money they receive from television rights.  A greater proportion should be fed down to the Football League, non-league and grass roots - for the health of the game.

I agree with all of that. West Ham have certainly benefited disproportionately but I still don't blame them and don't think it's a reason to wish them to be relegated!

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree with all of that. West Ham have certainly benefited disproportionately but I still don't blame them and don't think it's a reason to wish them to be relegated!

I haven't forgiven them for playing Diafra Sakho last season!

10 hours ago, Xiled said:

Whilst I agree entirely, there is absolutely zero chance of that happening.

West Ham have negotiated a quite ridiculously advantageous deal and it reflects very badly on the Government, but,the fact remains that a stadium was built for a 12 day event with very little use afterwards. This has happened across many countries who have hosted Olympic games and indeed World Cups.

It needed to be used for something but I am confused as to why, if this is in fact the case, that the government did not include a clause giving them Upton Park and therefore benefit from the redevelopment that is no doubt planned.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

11 hours ago, Selred said:

I had a quick look online. This doesn't seem to be true.

According to West Ham the cheapest price is £289 for an adult.

He's surely gone in with a mate and bought 1/2 a season ticket for £150.  Honestly I've discussed doing the same with my mates, four of us buying 2 season tickets...but I can't quite bring myself to do it.

Archived