IGNORED

Danny Haynes - remember him?

Big Red Rich

He scored important goals including the one that got us a draw at Forest some years ago so please don't let's be nasty. We've had quite a selection of headless chickens out on the wing and most of them have been well loved by the fans. He always gave everything and as we have found out only too well, a perfect player will cost you tens of millions of quids, assuming you are willing to pay it of course.

31 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Wasn't it Danny Haynes who had a cracking game on TV against Newcastle (or West Brom?) when we were last in the Championship?

It was.  West Brom in fact.  We won 2-1 and he was brilliant.  For me, Haynes was a bit like Agard now. Patchy and inconsistent for sure but he was quick and aware enough off the ball to distract defenders which meant he could influence attacks without actually touching the ball and draw defenders away from other strikers.   I don't think it's a coincidence that Maynard had his most prolific season when Haynes was in the team.  

Haynes wasnt that bad for us. Tore wba apart on tv. Had a couple of other storming games as well. Remember a 5.3 win v barnsley and a 1 nil home win v qpr where him and maynard played well up front. 

Has clearly lost it now but weve had far worse strikers.

13 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It's not necessarily ability which has seen Haynes drop like a stone, if his attitude/temperament was off then that would also explain it.  There are plenty of talented footballers playing non league who just didn't have the attitude to be a pro, doesn't mean they couldn't play football

Equally though there are some pro's with terrible attitude. Problem is they also tend to be rather better at the game than anyone else.

14 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

JCR was very good at cutting inside and going round and round in circles ...could've drilled himself into the pitch on many occasions ! :-))

not dissimilar to mr freeman then.

not a dig..well it is I guess it is a dig.. but I'll file it under not blind support!

Archived