IGNORED

Tonight... A Wolf's perspective

Fordy62

Just spoken with a Wolves lad at work. He's not very confident for tonight. 

He says they're playing shit at the moment. Will look to lump balls forward to Sigurdsson while Mason (who's scored 3 in 4) will probably start from the bench. He can't understand why. 

Says their defence is full of youngsters who when they're good look like world beaters, but are far far too error prone. 

We're likely to see a 4-5-1 from them which the fans aren't keen on.

Says the fans will be quick to be on Jackett's back should they concede the first goal. 

It's fair to say that he's not very confident for later at all. 

I've got two mates who are Wolves fans.  They are both of the opinion that the season finished a couple of weeks ago, the team is shite, and they couldn't care less about results from now on.

Neither had any idea where the Derby result came from - I said I reckoned that was more Derby's doing than Wolves'.

They're both spending Saturday's at the driving range now.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Nor was the City Ground. 

We won there in 2012. Think it's 1931 we last won at Wolves. It's just one of those places for us, even more so than Forest. A point is the best I can see. We likely to win four away in succession?

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

A wolf's perspective you ask?

Home win. We always lose there.

Come on, wolf, you know that the past counts for nothing, city to win 2-0.

I like the fact that if we win tonight we'll only be 3 points below them. 

I had the same conversation with a Wolves colleague earlier. He said pretty much the same as written above, but finished with the caveat 'it's Bristol City, we don't lose Bristol City at Molineaux'. I find it hard to disagree with him

1-0, awful game

If we do beat Wolves, and realistically, I'm expecting a draw - will they then be dragged into the relegation mire?

If Rotherham do catch Boro on a bad day (we know they have them), then 22nd place starts to loom large for quite for a few teams.

I'd take a draw.

Trick will be which of us 'reacts' after the weekend; Wolves seemed to have turned the corner by beating Derby, but by all accounts Boro then went and beat them without really getting out of first gear.

My hope is that the poor showing against Cardiff means the players want to make it right tonight, which they can at least be credited as having done post-Brighton.

As bad as it is, I will also be watching other results closely; hope Burnley soften Fulham up for the weekend, and Boro do what teams gunning for promotion should and beat their bottom three opponent in the shape of Rotherham - really could do with their revival being halted toot suite.  

Were that was the case (and Bolton were to lose), I would almost take a MK Dons win, as the quicker the teams in the relegation zone fall a mathematically insurmountable distance below us the better.

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Just spoken with a Wolves lad at work. He's not very confident for tonight. 

He says they're playing shit at the moment. Will look to lump balls forward to Sigurdsson while Mason (who's scored 3 in 4) will probably start from the bench. He can't understand why. 

Says their defence is full of youngsters who when they're good look like world beaters, but are far far too error prone. 

We're likely to see a 4-5-1 from them which the fans aren't keen on.

Says the fans will be quick to be on Jackett's back should they concede the first goal. 

It's fair to say that he's not very confident for later at all. 

Ultimate jinx ground for us.been there three times,should have won all three,and yet......  ... . ...    ..   .fate always seems to conspire-the gods of wall heath tavern and the crooked house conspire this day.

14 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Ultimate jinx ground for us.been there three times,should have won all three,and yet......  ... . ...    ..   .fate always seems to conspire-the gods of wall heath tavern and the crooked house conspire this day.

Great News for us No Steve Bull and No David ' bloody ' Kelly !

'

18 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

They even scored an amazing own goal for us last time we were there and we still couldn't win.  Knew we were down after that. Let's hope the voodoo can be broken tonight!

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

They even scored an amazing own goal for us last time we were there and we still couldn't win.  Knew we were down after that. Let's hope the voodoo can be broken tonight!

Think that was the defeat before the last defeat? There's been so many

On my way up to Wolves now for a day out with a couple of my Wolves mates. 

They're not too positive themselves. They've predicted a 2-1 wolves and 1-1 draw. Said that they're in relegation form, but have a couple coming back from unities. Can see it being a hard fought draw for us today. 

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

If we do beat Wolves, and realistically, I'm expecting a draw - will they then be dragged into the relegation mire?

If Rotherham do catch Boro on a bad day (we know they have them), then 22nd place starts to loom large for quite for a few teams.

if Rotherham win tonight that is really going to worry a lot of teams.

1 hour ago, CiderHeadDan said:

On my way up to Wolves now for a day out with a couple of my Wolves mates. 

They're not too positive themselves. They've predicted a 2-1 wolves and 1-1 draw. Said that they're in relegation form, but have a couple coming back from unities. Can see it being a hard fought draw for us today. 

Bit late for a 'day' out?!

Archived