IGNORED

Bring any striker in... got to be better than what we got now....

keflav

Why are we not getting any striker in, its got to be better than the useless rubbish we have up front at the moment.... all season we have know we have needed a striker in so we go out and get defenders and midfielder's.... if we go down the lack of scoring goals will be a major contributing factor....

Seems the SL & MA have all gone quiet on the striking options and have now brought in a ready made scapegoat in Lee Johnson....

unfortunately looking at the games coming up its just gonna get worse from now on.....

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So you're happy with one goal from midfield all season then?

Nope just far less happy with our So Called forwards.....

In all seriousness think the midfield should be scoring more goals too, but just spend to much time on the ball just need to get some shots off...

1 goal from midfield and is it 5 created, I suspect that's the worse record in any football lge club in England.

saying that, wilbs is finished, hes 36 ffs, agard was unpopular in the division below.

kodjia is now getting the stick but hes still the best by a country mile available to us.

can you really see any them creating or getting a goal or 2 in the last 10 games, I cant.

we need a striker and flint to keep getting us goals,  or dons to lose all of there last 10 games.

its been a ******* joke all season. 

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Your focus is on the wrong department of the team...

Everyone has a different opinion on this, I agree the midfield is weak, but you cant honestly be happy with the forwards we have at the moment Kodjia is the best we have but looks a bit lost most of the time and the championship has been a massive step up for him (although why he has not learnt English yet is beyond me) but as for the rest its non existant....

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

We have to be realistic; the chances of us getting in a match fit goal scoring centre forward are next to zero

Try McCluskey why not

any half fit forward got to be an improvement at the moment...

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Disagree.

Get back to what we did for a few games. Defend well, for 90 minutes (or even 95...). Dig out results. 

We are were we have been most of the season. In a relegation scrap. We can win this for sure. 

Absolutely.

Pemberton's success was based on being hard to score against. Even a draw tonight would have moved us up a place, we simply don't have the players who will get us many goals, so we need to concentrate on being difficult to score against.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

Pemberton's success was based on being hard to score against. Even a draw tonight would have moved us up a place, we simply don't have the players who will get us many goals, so we need to concentrate on being difficult to score against.

Agree but we just don't seem to have it in us to defend for 90mins (or 95mins) and if were not scoring drawing game is not going to be enough to keep us up....

We should have got a striker in on loan by now, don't care what anyone says there were players out there and money talks....

13 minutes ago, keflav said:

Everyone has a different opinion on this, I agree the midfield is weak, but you cant honestly be happy with the forwards we have at the moment Kodjia is the best we have but looks a bit lost most of the time and the championship has been a massive step up for him (although why he has not learnt English yet is beyond me) but as for the rest its non existant....

'Looks a bit lost' yet is joint 5th top scorer - level with the likes of Forestieri and Martin, both experienced championship forwards. English is a hard language to learn, we know for a fact he's learning now. Have you spoken to him in English to know he can't speak it?

People are determined to knock him despite a 1 in 3 strike rate. 

I would wager a lot of the same people also were very critical of JET.

3 minutes ago, keflav said:

Agree but we just don't seem to have it in us to defend for 90mins (or 95mins) and if were not scoring drawing game is not going to be enough to keep us up....

We should have got a striker in on loan by now, don't care what anyone says there were players out there and money talks....

Name some. Even if you could, who's to say there's not a raft of other teams after them. I think I've got a reasonably decent knowledge of players and I genuinely can't think of anyone available, realistic, better than what we have and fit.

3 minutes ago, keflav said:

We did against Boro, Brum, MK, Charlton.....

Before tonight we had 10 games left, I still think 10 more points will see us safe.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

'Looks a bit lost' yet is joint 5th top scorer - level with the likes of Forestieri and Martin, both experienced championship forwards. English is a hard language to learn, we know for a fact he's learning now. Have you spoken to him in English to know he can't speak it?

People are determined to knock him despite a 1 in 3 strike rate. 

I would wager a lot of the same people also were very critical of JET.

Ok take your point and I can really only go on what I have seen this season (subjective I know...) as for the language point I direct you to the story of LJ saying he would learn French to communicate with him.....

And to be honest Kodjia is not my main concern its the lack of goals from any other strikers we have and as pointed out by other the lack of goals from midfield....

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We did against Boro, Brum, MK, Charlton.....

Before tonight we had 10 games left, I still think 10 more points will see us safe.

4 minutes ago, leadman said:

12 I rekon.

or 1 more than MK

Not sure which games we will get these points in though, that's my worry....

9 minutes ago, keflav said:

Ok take your point and I can really only go on what I have seen this season (subjective I know...) as for the language point I direct you to the story of LJ saying he would learn French to communicate with him.....

And to be honest Kodjia is not my main concern its the lack of goals from any other strikers we have and as pointed out by other the lack of goals from midfield....

LJ said that in conjunction with JK learning English, it's easier for both surely. I saw it as progressive and good man management actually and will help if we bring in further French speaking players. 

LJ said he only wanted to learn certain words and phrases by the way, not an entire GCSE course!

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

LJ said that in conjunction with JK learning English, it's easier for both surely. I saw it as progressive and good man management actually and will help if we bring in further French speaking players. 

LJ said he only wanted to learn certain words and phrases by the way, not an entire GCSE course!

Well you obviously know best so I will leave that point alone now..... :P

42 minutes ago, leadman said:

1 goal from midfield and is it 5 created, I suspect that's the worse record in any football lge club in England.

saying that, wilbs is finished, hes 36 ffs, agard was unpopular in the division below.

kodjia is now getting the stick but hes still the best by a country mile available to us.

can you really see any them creating or getting a goal or 2 in the last 10 games, I cant.

we need a striker and flint to keep getting us goals,  or dons to lose all of there last 10 games.

its been a ******* joke all season. 

What about Frazier Campbell short term

From being there tonight, let me tell you JK isn't the problem, he needs help because that midfield provides him zero help. If we can't get more service from the three in the 4-2-3-1 then we need the start Wilbs because that only leaves the long ball. Only negative for JK lately is he doesn't look up at pass at times that he really should!

5 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

From being there tonight, let me tell you JK isn't the problem, he needs help because that midfield provides him zero help. If we can't get more service from the three in the 4-2-3-1 then we need the start Wilbs because that only leaves the long ball. Only negative for JK lately is he doesn't look up at pass at times that he really should!

I agree I don't think JK is the problem, just the lack of any other striking options....

Personally I hate it when we only play one up front, as our lone striker always seems a bit isolated. Buts as others have pointed out to me this is also a midfield problem...

I was there tonight and have to say taking off Kodjia really confused me, many outlet runs which Bryan spotted and troubled there defenders. Didn't have many chances but seriously went close a few times and won many a throw in for us. 

Archived